What's new

Royall All-Purpose Lotions

I have a mini sampler set of the Lyme, Bay Rhum, Mandrine and Musk. I enjoy using these "all purpoose lotions" as an aftershave and will replace some of them when the mini's run out. My thoughts (YMMV):

• I don't care for the Musk scent.
  • I LOVE the Lyme, Mandarine and Bay Rhum scents. They are pretty "simple" scents but very strong and invigorating upon initial application.
  • These lotions give a serious alcohol burn if you have given yourself nicks/rash; one of the stronger burns I've experienced (I haven't used any of the traditionals yet like Pinaud, Aqua Velva, etc).
  • I get a nice "glow" when the burn is mellowing out when I use the Lyme and Mandarine.
  • For me the Bay Rhum and Lyme scents dissapate very quickly. The Mandarine lasts well into the day. I've heard the opposite from other posters indicating the Lyme lasted many hours for them - a big YMMV here.
  • Application is easy. You can't use "too much" like some other products that leave a resudue, tackiness, shine, etc. So splash away!
  • I've seen this stuff in high-end men's cataloges for around $40 for a 4 oz bottle. If you look around on line (i.e. perfume1.com) you can find it a LOT cheaper.
  • Some of the product I've seen is labeled "Made in Bermuda" while others are labeled "Made in USA under license for....". I don't know if there is a difference in the product formulation or quality. Would love to hear about that if anyone has any experience.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I use the Royall Musk regularly and do enjoy it. You can really give yourself a good dose of this stuff as the Royall does not seem to have staying power. I've also used the Lyme regularly and it disappears rather quickly although it does smell great. Their vetiver, imho, is not very good.

I have the Lyme and Mandarin. Both are excellent scents but as others have pointed out the Lyme disappears quickly while the Mandarin will stay awhile.

I have used the Bay Rum and Lime years ago. Scent was very good, but did not last long. I used to get them at a store in Michigan call Meijers at a good price, ie low, cheap price. Then they disappreared and I have not seem them since. Good to know the stuff is still out there.

I splash the Mandarine on my face after every shave - I love the fresh orange scent. I can still catch the scent well into the day, and my significant other likes it! :thumbup:

Maybe I should try it. For you NYC folks, there is a store on I think 55th between 3rd and Lex that carries it at a very good price. It is a cosmetics discount place, with a pretty large selection of colognes at good prices. (Mostly department store stuff, but not all. They also have Tabac, btw.).

-Mo

Do these products contain any alcohol????

From Scoopster's post above in this thread:

"These lotions give a serious alcohol burn if you have given yourself nicks/rash; one of the stronger burns I've experienced (I haven't used any of the traditionals yet like Pinaud, Aqua Velva, etc)"

I've used their Bay Rhum for a couple of years. The initial smell is great, but it doesn't last long. Overall though I think Pinaud Bay Rum is abetter buy.

I picked up their Spyce and Mandarin on the basis of this thread and I've been generally pleased. The Spyce smells like old-style Old Spice with a little something extra and it lingers well without being overpowering like the current Old Spice is on me.

The Mandarin though, oh my golly this stuff is liquid gold!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :biggrin: The scent is fantastic and while the initial hit of scent fades fast, the sillage and dry down (again, on my skin, ymmv) time is fantastic. Even after 10 hours of use I could still detect faint hints of the scent! The Mandarin scent also seems variable enough to support a wide range of creams and soaps in my collection so it is not a "use only with X or Y" product much like Pinaud Special Reserve.

Top Bottom