What's new

Got a Royall Sampler: Rugby, Yacht, Vetiver Noir, Lyme

So, I've always been intrigued by Royall scents. I had a phase using the Lyme, Mandarin, and Bay Rhum aftershave (all-purpose) splashes. They were okay, but the scents were meh, and the aftershaves only burned me.

Fast forward, I see yacht, rugby, and vetiver noir in the same sampler. I get curious since I haven't been to a Brooks Bros in a while to try any of these. Here are my thoughts.

Yacht - smells very close to the old blue Nautica Competition. I love it.

Rugby - smells like a gnarlier, less orange version of Terre D' Hermes. I love it. It's actually VERY close to Fine L'Orange Noir.

Vetiver Noir - smells exactly like Tom Ford Grey Vetiver or Fine Fresh Vetiver.

I really like all 3 of these. I may need to put them on my amazon wish list.

Lyme - Like a green life saver. Nice, but not my style.

So, I've always been intrigued by Royall scents. I had a phase using the Lyme, Mandarin, and Bay Rhum aftershave (all-purpose) splashes. They were okay, but the scents were meh, and the aftershaves only burned me.

Fast forward, I see yacht, rugby, and vetiver noir in the same sampler. I get curious since I haven't been to a Brooks Bros in a while to try any of these. Here are my thoughts.

Yacht - smells very close to the old blue Nautica Competition. I love it.

Rugby - smells like a gnarlier, less orange version of Terre D' Hermes. I love it. It's actually VERY close to Fine L'Orange Noir.

Vetiver Noir - smells exactly like Tom Ford Grey Vetiver or Fine Fresh Vetiver.

I really like all 3 of these. I may need to put them on my amazon wish list.

Lyme - Like a green life saver. Nice, but not my style.
Glad you like them, well three anyway.
You cannot get away from Lyme in any of the mini or gift sets. It's their signature scent!
They actually have two "mini-sets" available currently. The other one consists of Lyme, Vetiver Noir, Rugby & Muske.
And they have had different mini-sets in the past which show up occasionally on the secondary market.

well done, sir gene!

the royall juices at Brooks Bros are nice but quite pricey for what they are!

royall spyce may 11 2013-MD4_7235.JPG

Top Bottom