What's new

Rose scented tallow?

Besides Prairie Creations, are there any other rose scented tallow soaps made?

To the best of my knowledge, not anymore. Trumper's soaps used to be tallow-based but were reformulated to be veggie-based. That said, the reformulated soaps are supposed to be excellent quality.

i highly recommend olivia's creams from germany--her rose scent is very natural and pleasing. she also sells soaps but only the creams are tallow based.

http://www.olivia-seife.de/shop.php?action=herren&subAction=crema

however, the last batch of creams i got were extremely hard (maybe it softens over time?) and i would easily place it in the 'soft soap' category. i've enjoyed all of the oliva's creams i've tried but on the whole her scents are on the subtle side.
but the shaves!
sweet maria! it's the best shaving product i've tried so far and i've tried quite a few.
g'luck to you.

i highly recommend olivia's creams from germany--her rose scent is very natural and pleasing. she also sells soaps but only the creams are tallow based.

http://www.olivia-seife.de/shop.php?action=herren&subAction=crema

however, the last batch of creams i got were extremely hard (maybe it softens over time?) and i would easily place it in the 'soft soap' category. i've enjoyed all of the oliva's creams i've tried but on the whole her scents are on the subtle side.
but the shaves!
sweet maria! it's the best shaving product i've tried so far and i've tried quite a few.
g'luck to you.

She's got a lot of great stuff on her site :thumbup1:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I'm currently using a puck of Trumper Rose Soap New Old Stock Tallow and it is a fine soap indeed. I honestly can't tell a huge difference between it and the current veggie reformulation however. Don't let the fact that it no longer contains tallow keep you from trying the current Rose soap.

Don't let the fact that it no longer contains tallow keep you from trying the current Rose soap.

Agreed. I never tried the old tallow version, but I have compared the veggie soap to other excellent tallow soaps, such as AOS and MWF. I think the veggie Trumper holds its own against them just fine. Trumper's rose soap is a classic that you need not hesitate to enjoy, tallow or no.

Agreed. I never tried the old tallow version, but I have compared the veggie soap to other excellent tallow soaps, such as AOS and MWF. I think the veggie Trumper holds its own against them just fine. Trumper's rose soap is a classic that you need not hesitate to enjoy, tallow or no.

Same here. I find it as good as any of best soaps I have. It may even, er, Trump them. The scent is pretty awesome, and I've never really been into that side of shaving.

Don't dismiss the Trumper's veggie oil stuff so quickly; I've found them to perform just as well as their previously tallow-based counterparts. From what I can tell, the only difference is the abundance of lather, but that doesn't effect the shave in any way.

Trumper's Rose, post or pre tallow formulation, is top-shelf stuff.

I'll throw in another vote for "don't necessarily overlook Trumper's rose." It really is a great soap. I have the newer formulation and I have never tried the older formulation. But the new one is great.

And I think Czech and Speake #88 is supposed to be a rose scented tallow soap. I don't have any experience with it and I'm not positive that it has tallow, but I'm pretty sure that I have read that it does. It might be worth a look ...

And I think Czech and Speake #88 is supposed to be a rose scented tallow soap. I don't have any experience with it and I'm not positive that it has tallow, but I'm pretty sure that I have read that it does. It might be worth a look ...

C&S's #88 is indeed a tallow-based soap, and an excellent one at that. It's not a pure rose scent which is probably why I didn't mention it at first, but yes, it's a top shelf product.

More support for Trumper's.

I'm currently sampling their Rose soap (new formulation) and it's the first time I've used any GFT product. I must say I'm impressed! Virtually no compromise when compared to my favorite tallow-based soaps. I'm usually not a fan of Rose fragrances but this soap's scent isn't over the top - very lovely.

I'll be investing in several GFT soaps very soon.

I appreciate all the help y'all. I just got the GFT rose soap and I really do enjoy the scent, but I am finding the lather a bit 'eh'. I can't seem to get it as slick as I would like without the lather getting super airy. I will keep at it as I promised I would go three or four days in a row to really see if I can make the lather as I like it. It'll be hard putting the Tabac, Speick, and AOS down though.

Does anyone have any experience with the C&S soap? I have a sampler coming in any day now with the No. 88 scent, but I am not sure if the soap smells like the EDT.

I appreciate all the help y'all. I just got the GFT rose soap and I really do enjoy the scent, but I am finding the lather a bit 'eh'. I can't seem to get it as slick as I would like without the lather getting super airy. I will keep at it as I promised I would go three or four days in a row to really see if I can make the lather as I like it. It'll be hard putting the Tabac, Speick, and AOS down though.

Does anyone have any experience with the C&S soap? I have a sampler coming in any day now with the No. 88 scent, but I am not sure if the soap smells like the EDT.

I think the C&S soaps are as good as it gets in current production soaps, but they are expensive. The Oxford & Cambridge is my absolute current favorite.

More support for Trumper's.

I'm currently sampling their Rose soap (new formulation) and it's the first time I've used any GFT product. I must say I'm impressed! Virtually no compromise when compared to my favorite tallow-based soaps. I'm usually not a fan of Rose fragrances but this soap's scent isn't over the top - very lovely.

I'll be investing in several GFT soaps very soon.

I used Trumper Rose for the first time today. Wonderul scent.

The Violet is one of my faves and has been for some time.

My Time Bath and Body has a rose soap. All of MTBB soaps are tallow-based. The scents are other-worldly (Tobacco Flower is my favorite all-time!). Jean will also customize her menthol shaving soap - she'll load up the menthol from mild to IT AIN'T MILD IT'S MENTHOL!!!! (1 - 10).

Now - these are soft soaps - Jean calls them Cream Soaps. So maybe you're only interested in triple-milled soaps... but if you'll give a soft soap a try, I'd recommend Jean's Rose.

Top Bottom