What's new

Rolls razor hone

Rolls razor hone
Hi all I have just got a rolls razor It has a cracked hone And was wondering if I can exchange it For slate (ie a stale roofing tile) Or can I glue / stick it back together Any ideas well come Any help much appreciated Thancks in advance

You can try but I would suggest that you not attach permanently until you have tested it to see how it performs, I have found out that the hone on a Rolls is sub standard at best if the blades are not already honed outside of the storage system.

From time to time there are spare hones on ebay, good luck! Otherwise you can try to get a slate tile, but most of the slate tiles are thicker than the original RR hone and they have to be prepared and polished. I once saw a YT video about glueing cracked stone but that was not a very good idea IMHO. You could also try to use a dimond plate or diamond film glued to a piece of aluminium or acrylic glass, but this is not a real honing stone. Because of the above mentioned sub standard quality of the Rolls razor hone I would recommend to hone it outside the system and only to use the strop side.

Top Bottom