What's new

Rise of the Planet of the apes.

I've seen the shorts and it looks like this could be a great film?

Some of the reviews have been very positive. Look like a good cast, I just hope the CGI is good.

Can't wait.

Monkey Apocalypse does seem pretty terrifying. I'll check it out just to see a gorilla jumping off a roof to attack a helicopter.

Monkey Apocalypse does seem pretty terrifying. I'll check it out just to see a gorilla jumping off a roof to attack a helicopter.

yeah that looks like a great scence and the axe being thrown into a cop car.

If you've seen the original movie (planet of the apes) - then watch the trailer to that new movie - it's just bull poo.
just some hollywood rip-off, cannibalizing the name (and story) of a great film.

Last edited:
I thought the original was horrible, even though I'm big fan of Chaleton Heston. Then they went and made several even more horrible follow up movies. Then to add insult to injury, they made a TV show. Ugh moolah!! No amount of FX can fix a bad story line.

If you've seen the original movie (planet of the apes) - then watch the trailer to that new movie - it's just bull poo.
just some hollywood rip-off, cannibalizing the name (and story) of a great film.

agreed. The cgi really takes the appeal of the film away. I know Burton's version got panned by the critics but the special FX and make-up were great. This just looks like a "mini King Kong" film.

I'm going to go see it opening day just because I'm a huge planet of the apes fan. I'm not that hyped that it's going to be all that great but if it turns out good, I'll be surprised. If not then oh well it was just another movie. Hopefully James Franco plays his part right. My only gripe is that what's wrong with costumes and animatronics? Did they have to do CGI monkeys? :sneaky2:

As I understand it, this new movie is only loosely based on the third movie in the original movie thread. I have to agree with others, I would consider the original movie a cult classic, but overall it was a pretty bad movie.

I thought it was a parking meter that had been ripped out of the ground. An axe is much cooler.

bulldust, if it's a parking meter that's much cooler, i hate those things, hope he rips up everyone and chucks em at the council's office.

agreed. The cgi really takes the appeal of the film away. I know Burton's version got panned by the critics but the special FX and make-up were great. This just looks like a "mini King Kong" film.

king kong with brains, if Caesar climbs the empire state building he's gonna have a parachute.

For better or worst, this movie is actually a land mammal version of "Deep blue sea" where sharks were the subjects of tests that enhanced their brains.

Haven't seen the film yet but, as an aside, there was an interview on the BBC Breakfast news a couple of weeks ago with the British actor Andy Serkis, who plays Caesar the chimp in this film. They were asking him about his other famous part of Gollum in the Lord of the Rings films and the forthcoming Hobbit.

He was explaining where he got the idea for Gollum's voice from. He said he was watching his pet cat trying to throw up a fur ball!

He seems to have cornered the market in CGI generated acting though I suspect he will be a standard Hobbit in the new film. That will make a change for him!

Gareth

teaching this chimps to act is just one more step towards the movie becoming reality.
i did watch the original because "nova" was so incredibly hot!!

$planetoftheapesend.jpg

I'm sure it will be an awesome movie. But ferchrissakes, can't they do anything original any more?

Top Bottom