What's new

RIP FZ

Hard to believe it has been that long.

3rd album I purchased was his double (freak out)

1st was Wagner
2nd was Donovan
3rd was The Mothers.

Yea I had an unusual early childhood.

"Who are the brain police"

I've been listening to his recent mammoth release Halloween 78 on Apple Music. They have the whole box set for streaming. Great stuff!

FZ was something else and always surrounded himself with excellent musicians.

Luckily, his legacy lives on thanks to his dedicated family

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Hard to believe it has been that long.

3rd album I purchased was his double (freak out)

1st was Wagner
2nd was Donovan
3rd was The Mothers.

Yea I had an unusual early childhood.

"Who are the brain police"

Which Donovan album? My first was A Gift From a Flower to a Garden.

A monster talent, and an incredibly articulate guy. Looking at his senate hearing testimony all these years later, Zappa comes off as the smart guy he always was. The politicians come off, for the most part, as condescending idiots on the wrong side of the issue. Zappa left too soon.

Saw Zappa plays Zappa in Ann Arbor a few years ago and Dweezil played nearly note for note. Great show...

My favorite earworm...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The PMRC proposal is an ill conceived piece of nonsense that fails to deliver any real benefits to children, infringes the civil liberties of people who are not children, and promises to keep the courts busy for years dealing with the interpretational and enforcemental problems inherent in the proposal's design. It is my understanding that, in law, first amendment issues are decided with a preference for the least restrictive alternative. In this context, the PMRC demands are the equivalent of treating dandruff by decapitation.

What an utterly brilliant response.

Gone far too early in his incredible career. Ironically I just bought tickets to see Dweezil doing his dad’s music when he comes to NJ in April. I miss his presence so much. His musicianship, composing as well as his unique sense of humor. I’m not a huge Dweezil fan but he really is the only one doing FZ’s music at a high level. I plan on taking my 14 year old son (will be 15 by April) who thus far does not find Zappa’s music as incredible as his dad. He prefers Jaco and Stanley (as a budding bass player). But when I mentioned the show he asked who’s music Dweezil would be doing and when I said Frank he said “yeah, let’s go. I’m into it.” We miss you Francis Vincent Zappa.

Miss FZ quite a bit. Been a longtime collector and listener. I can't count the number of times I've listened to "Roxy and Elsewhere". Blows me away every time.This is the best version of "Zomby Woof" I've heard. Frank's solo and the groove the band gets is outrageous.

The PMRC proposal is an ill conceived piece of nonsense that fails to deliver any real benefits to children, infringes the civil liberties of people who are not children, and promises to keep the courts busy for years dealing with the interpretational and enforcemental problems inherent in the proposal's design. It is my understanding that, in law, first amendment issues are decided with a preference for the least restrictive alternative. In this context, the PMRC demands are the equivalent of treating dandruff by decapitation.

What an utterly brilliant response.

[Mic drop]

Top Bottom