What's new

Rings question.do you have more than your wedding ring?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I was awarded an NCAA final four ring several years ago after my team finished 3rd in the country. I have worn it only a few times since I received it. It just does not seem right to wear it, it just shouts "show off" to me.

Am I wrong on this? Is this something that I could wear out on the town without feeling self conscious?

Most rings like that scream "big bling" ...

proxy.php

... so I'd be hesitant to wear them if I didn't have the meathook-sized hands to go along with them.

Were you a player, coach, or "other"?

IMHO players get to wear the rings. Coaches too. If you were the team accountant, or Vice-Chancellor of the University or something, I'd save it for formal occasions at the university.

Several rings worn before marriage. Now only Wedding and sometimes Masonic. Would Like to trade 11.5 size ring for a Knights Templar ring.

Two wedding bands(same wife, I couldn't wear the old one, gave me a rash. Got a titanium band this year and now I wouldn't be aught dead without it.)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
When I was younger I used to have several gold rings, to match my 2 gold chains, and my gold bracelet, and my gold watch. I'm not even kidding. I was THAT guy. And to make matters worse....I drove a 1997 Cadillac Deville D'Elegance....with two 12" subwoofers in the trunk. :blushing:

As I grew older I grew out of that thankfully.

No jewelry for me now, not even a watch.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't do rings anymore, since I work around electricity a lot. I still have my college ring, but never wear it. About seven Christmas' ago I got my ring tattooed on- black outlines, filled with red, and the name Mary in black. The wife likes that I can't take it off :biggrin: Funny thing about it, when other women see it they always talk about it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
seems like most of the guys who wear rings on here are representing some sort of club or organization....we should get B&B rings so we could all recognize each other in the wild!

We need a secret handshake, too. Now, I need to stop lurking over in this section before my wallet regrets it :001_smile

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Engineer's ring on the right hand, nut-ring on the left. Once I get married I'll probably have to move the nut-ring to the right hand, and by then I think I'll have reached the limit for male ring-weaing, at least IMO.

View attachment 347343

I got the brass ones at the end of high school, and I added the iron one near the end of university. So I guess you could call it a graduation ring, of sorts. It's gotten a couple of compliments over the years, although I worry sometimes that more people are quietly wondering what sort of 'nut' wears nuts on his finger!

If I am not mistaken, isn't there a story behind the engineer rings in Canada?

I'm pretty enough without jewelry! I work on electronics so anything metal on or around my hands is a bad thing. After being shocked several times, SWMBO told me to stop wearing the wedding ring too. It's not like I act single, and it's really easy to see that I act like I'm married so no worries from the Mrs.

When I was younger I used to have several gold rings, to match my 2 gold chains, and my gold bracelet, and my gold watch. I'm not even kidding. I was THAT guy. And to make matters worse....I drove a 1997 Cadillac Deville D'Elegance....with two 12" subwoofers in the trunk. :blushing:

As I grew older I grew out of that thankfully.

No jewelry for me now, not even a watch.

No gold tooth? Were you even trying? ;-) Sorry I could not resist.

Top Bottom