What's new

Rhodia Paper Products

I've got piles of Levenger paper and pads in my office. It's good stuff.

I've used Moleskine products in the past because they are so easy to find.

I've never been thrilled with them though because they haven't seemed very 'writer friendly' for lack of a better description... I certainly would never consider taking a fountain pen to them... way too much feathering and bleed through for my taste.

Well, for 2011 I decided to try Rhodia's large weekly planner + Rhodia's large webnotebook in lieu of my usually Franklin Covey planner. (always looking for improvements)

WOW! Talk about incredible paper. I've since added a No 16, No 18, and No 13 pads. It is noticeably smoother than any paper I've used in the past and the FP doesn't bleed through or feather at all. The only drawback is that the ink takes a while dry (Noodler's blue-black) and if you happen to brush across it you will smear it.

i was in levenger yesterday (almost across from AOS no less) looking at the orangish-yellow leather bound rhodia pads.

really nice... wish i had more to write, but even the circa stuff i have gets little use...

I take class notes on Rhodia 18s and Clairefontaine twinbooks. I have a Rhodia academic planner, but that gave way to google calendar on the smartphone.

I've been looking for a nice pad for my Saddleback pad folio.
Not just any paper will do ya know.
I shall have a peek at these Rhodia products.
Thanks. :thumbup1:

I really like Rhodia paper. It is similar to Clairfontaine but less expensive when I bought my notebooks.

Rhodia has some of the best pads and notebooks on the market. Great paper, smooth writing and very fountain pen friendly. If you use Blue Books in school you should try to find some Apica from Japan. Outstanding notebooks for school use. You can find on Amazon.

IMHO Levenger quality has gone way done the last few years. The paper quality and smoothness is no where near what it use to be.

I use Rhodia paper all the time. It's some of the best paper I've tried as far as fountain pens are concerned. No feathering, never any bleedthrough. I too carry a #18 pad to take notes on for school, and I've got a smaller #14 size for lists and such. If you use a paper planner then they've got some decent ones.

I have several small Rhodia notebooks (stapled) that I bought last July. I bought 5 of them and i'm still on my first. I expected that they would fall apart before I finished them but the first one just is missing some of the plastic cover coating (it's peeling back from being in my pocket all day).

I also have a smallish wirebound notebook I use for notes when i'm reading.

Rhodia is great paper, silky smooth, and works beautifully with rollerball pens.

Rhodia is nice quality paper, works great with fountain pens, inexpensive. I like the top folders, easier to write across the page without dealing with the spine on the left side.

I certainly would never consider taking a fountain pen to them... way too much feathering and bleed through for my taste.

If you have a Staples nearby, try their store brand ECO-Friendly / Sustainable Earth Paper. It is bagasse (sugar cane based)...

Your fountain pen ink will love it. Your fountain pen nib will glide. And you can write thoughtfully on both sides of the sheet without a worry.

http://www.staples.com/Sustainable-Earth-by-Staples-Notebook-8-1-2x11/product_749563?cmArea=SEARCH

http://www.staples.com/Sustainable-...tebook-9-1-2-x-6/product_749565?cmArea=SEARCH

If you have a Staples nearby, try their store brand ECO-Friendly / Sustainable Earth Paper. It is bagasse (sugar cane based)...

Your fountain pen ink will love it. Your fountain pen nib will glide. And you can write thoughtfully on both sides of the sheet without a worry.

http://www.staples.com/Sustainable-Earth-by-Staples-Notebook-8-1-2x11/product_749563?cmArea=SEARCH

http://www.staples.com/Sustainable-...tebook-9-1-2-x-6/product_749565?cmArea=SEARCH

Ya know, I had one of these in my hand last week. I was going to buy it and decided not to. I bought a recycled Hillroy instead. Ugh, I'm going to give it to the baby to colour in. Just my luck. :tongue_sm

I agree the Rhodia planners are great - especially the large variety that uses the 90g paper (the small sizes use thinner 64g paper). I also use Noodler's inks and they take forever to dry which is a bit of a pain in the planner since I can't jot a note or appointment and close it right away. But, there is no bleed-through at all, which is a huge plus.

Top Bottom