What's new

RFB

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The case? When I got this one and using the Mr Razor resource, I thought mine more resembled the #77, but I was told it was an #88 because of the chrome case. What's your understanding?
Yep , Gillette did that with many razors sets
Calling them something else and the only difference was the case.
Anything to get people to spend some more money

My understanding of the differences between 77 and 88 case razors is that they are identical,
however Ive read that 88 has some protective lacquer coating.

My understanding of the differences between 77 and 88 case razors is that they are identical,
however Ive read that 88 has some protective lacquer coating.

Really?? From Mr. Razor, I notice there is some product variability and that's why I thought I had a #77. That was before I learned the models were defined by the container.

This thread needed a revival. I don’t know if the RFB is King but, I will say that Gillette got it right nearly a century ago with this creation. In My experience and My humble opinion, it’s the best Gillette razor I’ve ever shaved with. There are many great Gillette’s out there that could fit the bill as the best ever, this one though is the Pinnacle of shaving tool greatness in my book...

The handle is an aftermarket RR UFO handle.

B0BDD5D2-BD25-4266-B7CC-AEFC5D4E24B6.jpeg

I go back and forth on whether it's the RFB (my current thinking) or the New Deluxe, but both beat every other Gillette I've tried. (The only significant hole in my trials is the New Improved.) In any event, I've been using an RFB in rotation with modern razors and it is an equal in terms of comfort and efficiency.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
This thread needed a revival. I don’t know if the RFB is King but, I will say that Gillette got it right nearly a century ago with this creation. In My experience and My humble opinion, it’s the best Gillette razor I’ve ever shaved with. There are many great Gillette’s out there that could fit the bill as the best ever, this one though is the Pinnacle of shaving tool greatness in my book...

The handle is an aftermarket RR UFO handle.

View attachment 1219487

The RFB is certainly one of the best Vintage Gillette razors out there. :thumbup:

@GlazedBoker your timing is impeccable. I just shaved with mine twice this weekend after a prolonged absence. It blew me away with both shaves. With a Gillette Black blade, I found it incredibly comfortable, plenty efficient & plenty gentle. My upper lip has been completely smooth and irritation free all weekend—I’m seldom 100% on the ATG pass on that spot!

Top Bottom