What's new

Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade review

ruezel.jpg

For today's review, I'm I'll be discussing Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade. Without a doubt, this one of the best firm hold pomades on the market. Reuzel Pink is petroleum based pomade with an excellent bubblegum scent. Like most heavy hold pomades, Reuzel Pink is a low shine, wax based pomade. Tip: One way of increasing the shine of Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade is to add Reuzel Green as a topper. The blend of those two pomades creates an incredible look. It’s an outstanding.

Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade has a lot of things going for it in comparison to the other heavy hold oil-based pomades on the market. One of the positives about Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold is the affordable price. The producers for Reuzel Pink and Reuzel Green pomade have priced them well in comparison to the other wax based pomades on the market. You get a huge bang for your buck with Reuzel Pink and Green pomade.

I added 2 scoops of Reuzel Pink Heavy pomade to my dry hair this morning. As I combed the Reuzel Pink through my hair, I expected to have the same look as when I use typical wax pomades. I was surprised to see my hair reacting a lot like when I use a heavy petroleum based pomade like Murray’s Superior. Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold has a strong grip to it, making it perfect for taking control of my wavy hair and doing an excellent job of straightening it out.

Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold the big brother for Reuzel Green Medium Hold pomade, which is like a medium version of Lockhart’s Goon Grease Heavy Hold pomade. The Green pomade from Reuzel is really nice pomade for shine, but not so much for hold. Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade is the one that people with thick hair reach for when they want to style their hair. It’s excellent stuff. I rate the hold of Reuzel Pink as a step below Murray’s Superior pomade, but that’s not surprising because it’s a wax/petroleum mix.

Listed as a heavy, it’s clearly not. I rate Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold as a firm hold pomade, but a very good one. This pomade is perhaps the closest that I can find to get the traditional look for my hair from the 1950s for stars like James Dean. Reuzel Pink works wonders for my blond hair.

Reuzel Pink pomade was created by barbers in Rotterdam. The pomade is now produced in the United States, and it’s quite affordable compared to some of the other home-brew pomades. For example, 1 tin of Lockhart’s Goon Grease sells for $13.80. You can purchase a 12oz tin of Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold pomade for $20. You can get a much better deal with the Reuzel. It has a far better hold than Goon Grease as well, so it’s just a better deal all around in my opinion.

Shine: Low shine. To get an excellent shine, add Reuzel Green pomade as a topper. That fixes the problem.

Hold: Firm

Washibility: Reuzel Pink washes out in 2 to 3 shampoos.

Price: $10 per 4oz tin or $20 for 12oz tin

Availability: Reuzel Pink pomade is widely available in the U.S. EBAY and Amazon offer great deals for Reuzel Pink pomade

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Microcristallina, Hydrogenated Rosin, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Lillal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Amyl Cinnamal, Eugenol

Last summer, I used Reuzel Pink Heavy Hold on a frequent basis, and I fell in love with this pomade. The texture and the hold allowed me to get a lot of volume as well as control for my hair. On the 2nd and 3rd day of use, my hair still looked great. It’s rare for my hair to look good for more than 2 days when I’m using wax pomades, as they tend harden overnight in my hair. When I wake up, I can’t comb my hair back into the same position as in the previous day. I’m forced to wet my hair completely for me to style it once again. It’s not a big deal, but it’s kind of a nuisance for me because I’m usually in a hurry to leave in the morning.

I was intrigued by your review, and purchased a tin.

You are correct, it has excellent hold, it is easy to scoop out and apply, and has agreat price (I was shocked at the size of the tin, I thought it would be smaller).

For me the only downside is the strong bubblegum/candy scent.

The scent for Reuzel Pink is hard to get used to. One option is to mix it with a topper that will cover the scent. In the past, I've used Black and White Lite pomade as a topper when using Reuzel, and it took away the scent. I didn't use Black and White to take away the scent. I used it to add shine, but it worked in taking away the strong scent of Reuzel Pink. What's interesting is Reuzel Green is an even stronger scent. It has an apples scent, and it never goes away.

I've been using Reuzel Green. I like it a lot. Today I used Reuzel Pink. I like better than the Green. I have thick, course, wavey hair. The Green is good. But I think the Pink works better on my type of hair.

Steve

I liked your review and found it quite informational.

I personally liked Reuzel Pink, but it didn't hold all day long and my hair started getting pretty curly after 3-4 hours. Better options out there imo.

RP_1.jpg

Today I'm using Reuzel Pink Heavy hold pomade. It's warm today and I need a pomade that won't melt under the temps. I applied Reuzel Pink to my dry hair this morning, and I'm getting tons of height on front bang. It looks really cool. This pomade gives my hair a gravity defying appearance, which is perfect for volume. I've gotten used to the bubble gum scent of the product. I used to hate it but it's tolerable.

Top Bottom