What's new

Razorock xXx

Last flash sale at Italian Barber I ordered two RR shaving soaps: Lime and xXx. To my surprise, when the box arrived, I found TWO tubs of xXx. Wow, a freebie? I checked the invoice and saw a quantity (and charge) of 2.

Ugh. I have plenty of soap, and really don't need more. Certainly not two of the same, which I hadn't even smelled. I had used the Classic scent and knew that I liked the performance of RR soap. I considered giving away the extra tub.

Then I opened the jar and took a whiff.

Wow...can't stop using it.

Now I'm wondering if I have enough. 😄

The XXX is a very nice soap and I believe that its scent mimics one of the well regarded colognes. If you like the XXX, I would recommend that you also get a sample of the One X; you might like it. The scent is less pronounced than that of the XXX, but it is more natural and very pleasant.

Another RazoRock soap that you might enjoy is the Santa Maria del Fiore. That one mimics another well known fragrance, and has a very strong and pleasant scent. Out of all of the various soaps that I have used the SMdF has the longest lasting fragrance. I can smell it on my brush even 24 hours after use. The only issue is that the SMdF is more costly than their other soaps, but sometimes you can find it on sale. The SMdF uses Razorocks top of the line vegan base which in my opinion outperforms their Tallow formulations.

Enjoy your soaps!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have bought the Razorock XXX Fresco and the regular XXX in the big 8.5 OZ glass jars because I enjoy them a lot over the years. They had those good deals and I'm on my 2nd 5 OZ tub of regular XXX so I put the 8.5 OZ glass XXX jar one in the freezer for now. RR XXX is one of my favorite scents, The Fresco XXX has a similar scent to the regular XXX but has a nice Menthol kick for those hot summer days or just for a change up. I also bought some XXX 1OZ EDT cologne on the last sale. Great soaps to enjoy over the years.
Best way to describe XXX is it projects a nice clean unique refreshing scent when it dries down in the RR aftershaves also.
Enjoy!

The XXX is a very nice soap and I believe that its scent mimics one of the well regarded colognes. If you like the XXX, I would recommend that you also get a sample of the One X; you might like it. The scent is less pronounced than that of the XXX, but it is more natural and very pleasant.

Another RazoRock soap that you might enjoy is the Santa Maria del Fiore. That one mimics another well known fragrance, and has a very strong and pleasant scent. Out of all of the various soaps that I have used the SMdF has the longest lasting fragrance. I can smell it on my brush even 24 hours after use. The only issue is that the SMdF is more costly than their other soaps, but sometimes you can find it on sale. The SMdF uses Razorocks top of the line vegan base which in my opinion outperforms their Tallow formulations.

Enjoy your soaps!

Thanks for the recommendations.

I think I already have a soap problem, and likely will never finish what I already have on hand. Of course the emails from Italian Barber just enable my desire to try new flavors.

My current favorites are:

MdC (Fougere, Agrumes, Rose)
Razorock (Classic, Lime, xXx)
Stirling (Barbershop, Pharoah's Dreamsicle)

I've also got Tabac, Speick, Arko, William's, Cella, and 6-8 Stirling samples, and I only shave every other day, so those should last me a good long while.

The SMdF uses Razorocks top of the line vegan base which in my opinion outperforms their Tallow formulations.

I have The Dead Sea, which is vegan, and like its performance. I am curious about how RazoRock's tallow-based soft Italian soaps compare with their vegan soft Italian soaps. Does anyone else have experience with both formulations?

Halfway through your post I thought it was going to turn into a PIF. LOL, how wrong I was!

I think they used to also have a soap called XX. In fact, I think I shaved through a tub of it. It also smelled really good.

I could be mistaken, but I think all the 'X' soaps are dupes of Colonia colognes.

X and XX are very pleasantly scented soaps, imo. I've already got enough AdP Colonia dupes that I never bothered with the XXX. Although if it's as good as the X and XX I'm sure I'd enjoy it very much.

I have The Dead Sea, which is vegan, and like its performance. I am curious about how RazoRock's tallow-based soft Italian soaps compare with their vegan soft Italian soaps. Does anyone else have experience with both formulations?
As far as I know, they have more than two formulas. The tallow containing formulas (e.g. XXX) are generally a little slicker than the non-tallow formulas. IME SMdF seems to me to outperform even their tallow based formulas. All of them are exceptionally easy to lather and use. Nevertheless, I think that they are all good enough to justify making your selection based on scent preference alone.

As far as I know, they have more than two formulas. The tallow containing formulas (e.g. XXX) are generally a little slicker than the non-tallow formulas. IME SMdF seems to me to outperform even their tallow based formulas. All of them are exceptionally easy to lather and use. Nevertheless, I think that they are all good enough to justify making your selection based on scent preference alone.

Exactly.

I have never looked at the labels on any of my Razorock soaps (Lime, Classic, xXx - tub and jar, xXx Fresco - jar), so I have no idea which (if any) are tallow or not. They all work great for me, and smell very nice.

I finished a tub of the XXX, the Lavender (discontinued) and Amici (discontinued). I am about halfway in to SMdF and I will replace but will not XXX because the post shave and slickness of SMdF is better IMO it out performs the tallow or the veg super formula (both similar slickness)

Top Bottom