What's new

Razorock The Dead Sea arrived!

Arrived in the mail yesterday (was due to arrive on Monday). I was so excited that I could not wait to shave. This is a soft Italian soap and my first such soap. I don't have a keen enough sense of smell to pick out the individual scents in this soap. All I can tell you is that the smell is pleasant. I let my wife give it the sniff test and she approved (she could even smell it after I shaved with it). I have to tell you that I have hard water at my home and it makes lathering a bit of a chore. I let hot water run on my brush for about 30 seconds and shook out the additional water. I put the brush to the soap and lo and behold, it began to lather. I have never had it so easy. Since I wanted to really evaluate this soap I didn't attempt to uber lather it or use pre-shave oil. Creating a lather was child's play (using my Razorock synthetic brush) and this soap gives a thick slick lather with little effort. I was really nervous because at home I need to create an uber lather AND use pre-shave oil. I was using my Merkur Futur with an Astra SP blade. I touched the blade to my face and it literally glided. This stuff is slick all on it's own. 2 passes and some touch-up and I was good to go. The only thing I have to do now is not create so much lather and use the soap up too fast.

Glad you had a positive experience! What is the smell of the soap in general to you?

I also had a positive experience with RR Santal Royale from IB. It is also a soft soap. I used a similar lathering process (Marco methodesque) - soaked the brush in hot water during my shower, shook out almost completely, loaded on dry soap for about 10 seconds, then built lather directly on face, adding water as needed. I have also found that when I do it this way, preshave oil is not needed. :001_cool:

Arrived in the mail yesterday (was due to arrive on Monday). I was so excited that I could not wait to shave. This is a soft Italian soap and my first such soap. I don't have a keen enough sense of smell to pick out the individual scents in this soap. All I can tell you is that the smell is pleasant. I let my wife give it the sniff test and she approved (she could even smell it after I shaved with it). I have to tell you that I have hard water at my home and it makes lathering a bit of a chore. I let hot water run on my brush for about 30 seconds and shook out the additional water. I put the brush to the soap and lo and behold, it began to lather. I have never had it so easy. Since I wanted to really evaluate this soap I didn't attempt to uber lather it or use pre-shave oil. Creating a lather was child's play (using my Razorock synthetic brush) and this soap gives a thick slick lather with little effort. I was really nervous because at home I need to create an uber lather AND use pre-shave oil. I was using my Merkur Futur with an Astra SP blade. I touched the blade to my face and it literally glided. This stuff is slick all on it's own. 2 passes and some touch-up and I was good to go. The only thing I have to do now is not create so much lather and use the soap up too fast.
A severely underrated soap from RR imo. Great lather, slickness and overall protection. The scent is either love/hate, I happen to love it. A nice marine aquatic scent with a semi bitter note. Post shave is fantastic. Sea salts and minerals are beneficial for many skin types. It works great for me. Enjoy the shaves..... :thumbsup:

It is the Best RR soap I have ever tried, by a long shot! RR is good soap but Dead Sea is the only soap from them that I wouldn't want to be without. I love the scent it is reminiscent of MDC's fougere but slightly more floral, and maybe more salty. The post shave is really good if there is any area that could be improved it would probably be cushion, which is how I feel about most RR soaps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the soaps I use are hard to lather due to my water. They all need to be uber-lathered to give me good cushion. I had no issues at all with The Dead Sea. In fact, I'm really looking forward to tonight's shave. I think this soap is a keeper (even as I try others). The scent is floral without being overpowering; like I said, the wife loved it. As far as cushion, I judge that by how the blade feels moving across my face and the presence of any irritation at the end of the shave. I'm still pretty new at this so I'm learning.

Your enthusiasm is contagious sir! I had to dig mine out and dust it off along with the SMDF and remind myself what great performers these soaps are. The matching aftershaves just extend the good results even further. Thanks for the gentle prodding, and I hope you continue enjoying yours as well.

Razorock Dead Sea aftershave from Italian Barber. It fairly well matches the scent of the soap, also has some nice post shave benefits. Trust me, as much as you like this soap, you will love the aftershave splash. And Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Razorock Dead Sea aftershave from Italian Barber. It fairly well matches the scent of the soap, also has some nice post shave benefits. Trust me, as much as you like this soap, you will love the aftershave splash. And Merry Christmas to you and yours.
+1. The A/S splash is a must. Pairs wonderfully with the soap.

50E87C98-9D5B-4969-A130-A29C56BF3EAC.jpeg

Top Bottom