What's new

Razorock Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic

Thanks for the feedback.

When my sabbatical is over and they are offered in a different handle I will pounce. In the meantime I am using a Plissoft 26mm.

Hopefully RR will oblige those of us, if there are enough, by offering this silvertip knot in a lighter-weight handle. Any updates from owners of the chrome Barber on how their knots are performing with some mileage on them? I continue to like mine; it really is a bit softer-tipped than the original Plissoft and looks a whole lot nicer.

Italian Barber is now offering the silvertip Plissoft synthetic in a new handle:
http://www.italianbarber.com/collec...bc-silvertip-plissoft-synthetic-shaving-brush

I received one in my stocking and gave it a try a little bit ago and it's the only synthetic brush that I've been able to get to work for me. I had the chrome handle and a couple of wolf whisker synthetics and they were to springy for me. This one had the right feel. I'm thinking about getting the one w/ the Bruce handle since it's back in stock. I'm just nervous that it will be too springy.

Mine just arrived. A surprisingly hefty plexi handle that's comfortable in-hand, and what feels like a very soft and symmetrical knot. Good job, IB/RR.

In addition to post above: The specs quoted on the website are 24/57. Mine comes in at 25.5/56.5, along with the typical Plissoft glue bump.

My chrome silvertip from them is my favorite synthetic brush. A lighter handle is the only improvement I would wish for, and here it is.

If I were to drop my chrome silvertip on my foot it would possibly break bones...

Arrived today finally. Sadly it's. Or softer then my 24mm plissoft which is my second softest after the black wolf. It's every so slightly softer then my Maggard's brushes though. Nice design though so I'll keep it. Was hoping it'd be as soft as the black wolf but suppose I'll just have to buy more black wolfs

Mine is very soft and so far I like it, but it behaves very differently from my badger brushes. Even a quick splash in the sink soaked up a ton of water, so I've been getting rather watery, but still usable, lather. Any tips?

You have to start dry-ish with these things. A quick pass under running water, squeeze out what's left, then start lathering, adding a few drops of water to the tips every so often. You'll see the lather start to build and know what to do.

Just got my beautiful RazoRock Plissoft Silvertip today. Looks like a fantastic brush, and the "out of the box" feel is terrific.
Hard to believe that the boys at Italian Barber - RazoRock can sell such a fantastic brush for 13 bucks. Happy Shaving !

$IMG_1830.jpg

Top Bottom