What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

Absolutely fantastic shave this morning with the Lupo 95 and Gillette Nacet. 11 out of 10.

IMG_0273.jpeg

Sunday April 14

Blade - Single Use Feather
Razor - Lupo OC95 driven with a Chiseled Face Pineapple Twist Titanium Handle
Brush - Zenith Boar B35-31x57mm
Soap - SV-Franken - Three combined soaps Felce Aromatica, Tundra Artica, Cosmo

IMG_0494.jpeg

Last month in a half I’ve gotten back to my weekly shaves. Prior to that, from last November I was using the electric with shave intervals anywhere from four to eleven days. I believe shavers with regular shave intervals accomplish best comfort and skin health. ATG single pass shaves continue in efficiency refinement. Enjoying my locked four. Simplicity of the four and single pass shaves have enhanced my skin comfort. Shave enjoyment continues.

I’ve never cared for razors that required me to change my shave style to adapt to their efficiencies. My long run with the Fatip Grande was because it suited my shave style perfectly. My change to the Lupo was possible because the physical dimensions and weight mirrored the Grande’s. A custom handle change required to close the deal. Increased efficiency was the driver for the change. Improved styling, lower head profile also appreciated. I certainly don’t miss fiddling with blade alignment on nine out of ten blade changes. I thought I would just carry on with improved efficiency.

Lupo’s efficiency has driven me to change my shave stroke. Moving away from my quick short triple stroke. Too a hybrid buffing stroke. One quick stroke, backslide and quick forward stroke. Basically a buffing stroke that I have used from my beginnings with DE shaving. Only now I use it exclusively for my full face and head shave. It was very natural and easy for the head shaves because of my choked grip on the handle just under the razor head. The last two face shaves I’ve adapted to that same grip. Over my shave journey I would always think an improvement would be my last. My close shaves are usually 24-36 hrs before full whisker growth is established. I believe I’ve moved it up to 36-48 now. This week’s face shave was my first complete shave with the hybrid stroke. There was a slight warmth on my neck areas with the alum, but no irritation. Great skin comfort was enjoyed with post shave elixirs.

I won’t make any bold efficiency statements about the Lupo. I know better. My journey with the wolf has indeed been short. I do know I love this wolf and believe there are still dark secrets to discover.

IMG_0504.jpeg

Happy Shaves

Sunday April 21

Blade - Single Use Feather
Razor - Lupo OC95 driven with a Chiseled Face Pineapple Twist Titanium Handle
Brush - Zenith Boar B35-31x57mm
Soap - SV-Franken - Three combined soaps Felce Aromatica, Tundra Artica, Cosmo

IMG_0494.jpeg

A wonderful close shave. Lupo’s efficiencies continuing to improve with each shave. Reminiscent of my early Fatip Grande shaves. A new razor exciting, challenging with each experience. Striving for enhancement of greater skin comfort. A pleasant journey. Early days with the Grande were complicated. Learning techniques and trying to acquire the elusive Soft Touch. A patient two year journey. Another year to be totally relaxed during the shave. Fifty some odd shaves per year stretching the DE experience.

Your one week whiskers are still socially acceptable. A rare comment from my wife. Today’s shave I still encountered a little alum warmth on my neck. A little return buffing the cause. My razor grip for face shaving not quite as good as the head shaving grip. No head buffing required. The shaves very close. Enjoying the single pass shaves.

Happy Shaves

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, April 24th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 316 SSP head with a Yaqi handle. Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent design + machining and finish QC. I receive some excellent shaves consistently with the Lupo.72 and checks all the boxes I enjoy with a excellent razor. I had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (2) sharp and smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade.
Soap : Taylor of Bond street(TOBS)Herbal Sandalwood. Very enjoyable Herbal scented sandalwood with excellent lather qualities. Very nice scented soap and one of my favorite scents and performers of excellence.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice brush IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum and sandalwood splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 with a Gillette Perma- sharp blade.
SOTD April 24 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Brush: RR 400 butterscotch noir
Soap: Arko, mug loaded and lathered
Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (2)
Number of passes: 3, XTG (all at slightly different angles)
Touchups or buffs: no
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: Yes, not too strong
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

IMG_0287.JPEG

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom