What's new

RazoRock "Amici" Brush

Here's the Amici in action again this morning:

proxy.php

As promised, photos of my Christmas present - Amici #9. This is with RR Christmas in Tuscany soap.

$2013-12-31 Amici1-PreShave.JPG
Also showing off my new Captain's Choice lather bowl
$2013-12-31 Amici2-PreShave.JPG
And, post shave bloom
$2013-12-31 Amici3-PostShave.JPG
After four shaves, the funk is mostly gone and it has softened nicely. It's a great brush and I'm very happy to have it.

Happy Smooth Year!!! Christmas in Tuscany soap BTW. Unfortunately I think I am allergic to it :crying:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, it's a real good performer, must be something in the scent. You can BST it a lot of gents didn't get the chance.

I had one of those absolutely fabulous shaves that only comes once in awhile today! The Amici created amazing lather from some original RR XXX.

It took a bit but I've got this brushes number. For me, it needs to start wetter than I'm used to. Doesn't sound like anyones having any issues, but if the lather building isn't going quite right with the Amici, I suggest starting it a bit wetter. Since I've got that figured, its pure awesomeness!

I had one of those absolutely fabulous shaves that only comes once in awhile today! The Amici created amazing lather from some original RR XXX.

It took a bit but I've got this brushes number. For me, it needs to start wetter than I'm used to. Doesn't sound like anyones having any issues, but if the lather building isn't going quite right with the Amici, I suggest starting it a bit wetter. Since I've got that figured, its pure awesomeness!

Since I face lather I like to start with a fairly dry brush to load a ton of product. Then I build gobs of lather on my face. I'm not into soap conservation at all

Since I face lather I like to start with a fairly dry brush to load a ton of product. Then I build gobs of lather on my face. I'm not into soap conservation at all

Oh yea, totally Justin! I'm all bout FL too, and I don't ever try to conserve. I like it when I've got too much lather, all thick and everywhere LOL

Funny you mention this. I neglected to mention in previous posts that the Amici really takes off if you leave it on the wetter side when hitting the soap. It's a huge soapy, wet and lathery mess but it is just awesome.

OccamsBadger - how do you like the Captain's Choice lather bowl? It looks really nice!

I love it. I was worried about no handle but there's a raised button with the compass logo for your thumb that makes it easy to hold safely. The ridges at the bottom make the lather just explode. The only adjustment I've had to make is getting the water amount right. With the ridges, I can get too much water and lose some cushion if I'm not careful. It only took a couple days to figure it out. I'd always used a smooth mug before and I can't believe what a difference it makes to use a proper bowl with ridges.

mine got here today. overall first impression i think i will like the knot. its VERY dense and stiff. a bit more scritch than i usually like though. i think the person i got it from said he lathered it three times though so hopefully it will soften up some only a few of the boars are starting to split so far. the knot seems large for being a 24mm and its just about the right loft i usually like also.

the handle im mixed on. i actually like the shape a lot but not crazy about the 2 separate sides to it. the line across the bottom of mine is barely there but is very clear down the sides of the handle. it also seems to scuff very easy the bottom was scuffed it seems just from the shipping tube. i did take a very tiny bit of plastic glaze gently to it and it started to shine right up but hopefully it stays more shiny (my ocd lol) i didnt want to polish to hard though so i didnt rub off the lettering on the bottom. im thinking i really may want to get the le 2012 now if i can find one at a decent price still.

okay so first shave. LOVE this knot. i never liked boar much but this thing is awesome and i may start to be a convert to boar (i still love my badger though). the handle i do like but it is an odd shape to get used to but it does fit the hand pretty nice just took a minute to figure out good finger placement. still dont like the lines on the sides of mine but overall its a KEEPER. and will not be going anywhere anytime soon. i also was able to polish up my bottom on it i simply used a small polishing cloth with just a dab of glaze used on auto paint. i didnt use the plastic polish because i didnt want to wipe off the lettering. the glaze did not harm the lettering at all and aside from a few very fine swirls its crazy shiny now.

i hope joe makes another one with a different handle shape. i really liked the soc 2012 le handle style but bought this one instead this time. im also considering keeping an eye out for a mistura now.

^ Sounds good.

All of them have the lines on the side/bottom as they are pieced together with 2 molded handles parts.

what are you polishing on the bottom and why?

okay so first shave. LOVE this knot. i never liked boar much but this thing is awesome and i may start to be a convert to boar (i still love my badger though). the handle i do like but it is an odd shape to get used to but it does fit the hand pretty nice just took a minute to figure out good finger placement. still dont like the lines on the sides of mine but overall its a KEEPER. and will not be going anywhere anytime soon. i also was able to polish up my bottom on it i simply used a small polishing cloth with just a dab of glaze used on auto paint. i didnt use the plastic polish because i didnt want to wipe off the lettering. the glaze did not harm the lettering at all and aside from a few very fine swirls its crazy shiny now.

i hope joe makes another one with a different handle shape. i really liked the soc 2012 le handle style but bought this one instead this time. im also considering keeping an eye out for a mistura now.

Just picked up a BC mistura and the 2012 SOC SE. Haven't used the mistura yet, but the handle is a little small. I don't personally care, but others night. The SOC SE is a dream. The handle is quite possible the best/most ergonomically designed one I've used yet and the knot is a lathering machine. Will take a bit of time for the bristles to split, but once they do this is going to be a brush for the ages.

I used the Amici last night. It has about 10 uses on it now and the hair is almost perfect now.

At the beginning, I found the handle awkward. I find the most comfortable way to hold the Amici is to put the base in the palm of your hand.

As as far as the two piece construction goes, it doesn't bother me. I suspect that the handle is laminated and then turned and polished. Why 2 piece? Cheaper or only comes in a max thickness.

^ Sounds good.

All of them have the lines on the side/bottom as they are pieced together with 2 molded handles parts.

what are you polishing on the bottom and why?

i knew it had lines but the ones on the sides look to have some either extra glue or the may have been chipped or something before being glued together. inside right under the lines you can see the spots. you cant feel them. ill take some pics later.

the bottom wash not shiny at all when i got it. it appears from it rubbing on the inside of the tube it caused the plastic on the bottom to get scuffed. i could actually see the same marks on the plastic tube as i did on the bottom of the handle. almost like you used a very fine scotch brite or something lightly on the bottom. i wanted the bottom to be shiny like the rest of the handle without removing the writing.

Top Bottom