What's new

Razor Rack - In the making

I didn't know where else to post this but wanted to share a little project (among others) that I have been working on. I started with an idea and my fathers cabinetry skills and shop have been invaluable to this. I wanted a way to display some razors and other shaving objects. I didn't like the idea of "holes in wood" because my ever evolving collection is constantly changing and an empty hole would signify a missing piece in the display. I also didn't like forward facing slots because I'm paranoid of razors falling out of the slot. We came up with two long slots where I can order and space any number of razors as I see fit and as my collection exists today. ...Or, tomorrow. etc... It blocks the view of some of the razors but I think it's a good compromise between practical functionality and still keep the "display" factor.
Bottom shelf will be for mugs. Next up, brushes. Next two slotted shelf's up are razors. This is work in progress and will keep the thread updated. Thanks Dad!

$IMG_20131220_164404.jpg$IMG_20131220_164513.jpg$IMG_20131220_164638.jpg$IMG_20131223_171516.jpg$IMG_20131223_171526.jpg

Looking at these pictures makes me want to have access to my dad's table saw, circular saw, router and miter saw. Time for a visit!

Looks like a nice display and well thought out. Nothing like good organization. I have been working off and on on my spare time in my bathroom adding drawers, custom organizers and a bamboo-granite multiple razor and brush stand. And will be posting photos as soon as everything comes together.

Very nice with clean lines. :) After you sand and break the corners on the White Oak do you plan to stain and lacquer it or rub on an oil?

Beautiful work. At my skill level, I'd need a larger rack by the time I got that one finished. I look forward to watching your progress.

Thanks guys. The rack is stained Golden Oak. The corners are rounded slightly with a mild router bit. Here is what it looks like now. :) This is shaping up nicely. I can't wait to get it hung up. :)

$IMG_20131224_175124.jpg

I got a drill press for Christmas. So I will be starting work on mine soon. I'd sort of like something with space for brushes razors and cased razors

Very nice prototype. Once it's completed, you'll certainly think of a thing or two you would like to change. Lucky for you, I have the perfect place for that one!

Thanks for sharing. We will want to see it once it is in use.

Well... Here it is. We had a couple of oops moments (like shooting air stapler through back by mistake) but over all I think it turned out extremely well. I just realized that I have a couple of razors out on loan. Gotta get those back and get some knots in the Ever Ready handles.
What do you guys think?

$IMG_20131228_094523.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom