What's new

Razor ID please

Hello there, I bought this from the bay a while back and had my first DE shave with it. It was listed as a 1920’s bulldog. Can anyone out there be a bit more specific please? Thanks fellas. :smile:

Hopefully AsylumGuido will see this. He's great at IDing razors - even just by photo.

As oldguy said, however, it's definitely not a Gillette - Bulldog or otherwise.

I think someone posted an ID request on a similar looking razor (or same handle) in the past week or two. So you might look at the previous posts here requesting an ID.

It's a shame it's not a bulldog, but that doesn't mean it's not a good shaver. The blade guard is like what's on the 1912 Gem and that's a very good shaver. But like Brent says if anybody can identify it Guido can.

Len

The listing just said bulldog? I didn't know enough about what I was buying to know if it was correct or not. I'm also ashamed to say I didn't know about BST here on B&B either. That is probably the last razor I will buy outside these walls. I'll look back over recent ID requests too. Your correct I had my last razor ID request answered by the G man in rapid time. :001_smile I used it for I used it for my first DE shave and liked it very much. I would just like to know its story really and if indeed it is art deco as claimed in the listing. The idea of shaving with a razor almost 100 years old is sooooo cool to me.

This Merkur looks close except for the plastic safety bar. Yours could be a no-name copy of this one. The handle looks the same.

proxy.php

Haha, it's assembled wrong, with the base plate being upside down!! :lol::lol:

Top Bottom