What's new

Rate these 5

For the ones that have tried these 5, how would you rate them for performance. A&E, M&M, T&S, Oleo and Zingari Man?

They are all fine soaps that get the job done. For me, I only have one T&S. From a scent and product availability perspective, they are only OK, but I found that the one soap I have performs outstanding and is my favorite base. M&M is great all around and has outstanding customer service. I would rate them 2 in this list. A&E makes great products and interesting scents, but they have had growing pains in service and shipping. I also do not like their marketing and pricing. You need to join a club for an extra fee, never get a break on shipping, and there is no loyalty program, yet they point to the low club prices as a great deal. Landed costs, membership, and no loyalty discounts inflate the price and it is just kind of deceptive to me. Nevertheless they make a great product and have a nice owner. They rate 3 from the list. Zingari Man is also fine, but somewhat unremarkable to me. Just another good offering in a crowded field. They rate 4 of the list provided. Oleo is the only one on the list that I probably would not go out of the way to purchase again. The soap is only OK to me and I would consider them more of a tier 2. I do not favor them over other artisans in the market. There is no problem with their products, but they don't seem to perform to a level that make me say wow. Nothing wrong, nothing outstanding. These are only my humble and honest opinions not meant to offend anyone or their preferences. Some I have more experience with then others, but in conclusion, I would rank these vendors in the following order of preference: T&S, M&M, A&E, Zingari Man, Oleo.

Just to clarify A&E/The Club...

You don't need to join The Cub to buy A&E and many Shaving Shop Club products.

VIP Club membership is optional and offers discounts on products, greater offerings (some that are exclusive to members), and early releases.

Just to clarify A&E/The Club...

You don't need to join The Cub to buy A&E and many Shaving Shop Club products.

VIP Club membership is optional and offers discounts on products, greater offerings (some that are exclusive to members), and early releases.

Yeah, my post was misleading I guess. My point was regarding the marketing and pricing, but you do not need to join the club to buy most of their offerings. You can even buy their products through other stores. Sorry for any confusion. I joined the Club to buy items that were not available otherwise.
Steve

Yeah, my post was misleading I guess. My point was regarding the marketing and pricing, but you do not need to join the club to buy most of their offerings. You can even buy their products through other stores. Sorry for any confusion. I joined the Club to buy items that were not available otherwise.
Steve
I do agree that their customer support simply needs to be better. I've been trying to order St. Bart's Aftershave Splash for VIP members and it's been out of stock for well over a week, maybe two now.. I wanted it for Christmas, but with how USPS has been, there's no way that's happening.

I've not tried T&S or Oleo, but the other three are all absolutely top of the line. I'd give the prize to Murphy and McNeil due to their customer service. Kodiak may well be the finest base ever produced by the human race.

Received A&E Kaizen base yesterday and tried it once and not sure how it could get any better, how do you guys rate SV against Oleo and do GD, DG or WK have any colonia style scents, tried samples but couldn’t find any I liked. I will tried to get some M&M kodiak base next.

A&E/Zingari Man in a tie for first.
Oleo
M&M

Have not tried Tallow & Steele.

Some of the A&E soaps burn my face a little, depending on the fragrance oils involved I guess, but when Kaizen is good it is great. Zingari Man‘s post shave is incredible for me. Oleo is underrated in my opinion and also always gives me good protection and great post shave. M&M’s Kodiak is generally unavailable.

Received A&E Kaizen base yesterday and tried it once and not sure how it could get any better, how do you guys rate SV against Oleo and do GD, DG or WK have any colonia style scents, tried samples but couldn’t find any I liked. I will tried to get some M&M kodiak base next.
I would pick SV but but only have one of their soaps. Used it again a couple of weeks ago for a week. The scent is perfectly crafted. I can’t answer your second question.
steve

It is unfortunate that the M&M Kodiak base is not readily available.

Zingari Man was an amazing performer with exceptional post shave, however after using the tub for 1 week it was nearly 50% gone! Maybe it was just something with that specific batch, but mine disappeared at a shockingly fast rate. That's never happened to me before with any artisan soap.

Top Bottom