What's new

Ranking popular razors by their blade rigidity

In no particular order:

Lupo DC
Schone
FOCS
Pearl Flexi
GC .84p

I also have a lot of vintage razors, most of which have a good blade support, but I keep them mostly as part of my collection. Only my Merkur Progress has a slight blade chatter, but it's still not a major issue and it's a great shaver. Any other modern razor that isn't a very good shaver and with a good amount of blade chatter leaves my den as fast as it came.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Are the Open Comb and “JAWS” Open Comb versions of the RazoRock Game Chamber series considered popular? Asking for a list…

From my very limited experience: Henson and post-war Tech. But take my opinion with a grain of salt as I haven't used a wide variety of razors.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thanks! My wee list of happy clampers

Single edge razors:
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
RazoRock BlackHawk V2
Schick E3 Injector

Double edge razors:
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Ikon X3 Slant
Fatip Grande
Yaqi Mellon
RazoRock “German” 37 Slant

Is the only difference between the Fatip Grande OC and the Fatip Piccolo OC the handle?
Yes, the heads are the exact same. Both handles are brass, but the Grande handle is hollow, the Piccolo handle is solid. The Piccolo handle actually weighs a few grams more than the Grande handle. It's really pretty nice once you get accustomed to it. Fatip also has some wood handles that have a pleasant weight and balance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom