What's new

r4ptor's shaving adventures

After a little handful of horrible shaves, I'm finally back on track again and I think I know what I did wrong. The blade angle was too high, causing the blade to have have a gap, which would push the hair. This is in particular noticeable and bad by the chin.

My lathering is... well, better but not entirely there yet. During my previous shave, I tried adding way more mater which resulted in a very slick lather. It looked off, but performed really nice.

Sometimes I can whip up lots of lather and other times, not so much. I almost ran out of lather during my previous two shaves. I always use the same amount of shaving cream so I'm not sure why this happens.

Last nights shave was awesome as well and I'm glad to see, I'm getting back on right track. In fact, I'm starting to fine tune razor angle in a way I couldn't before. That is a clear sign of improvement too.

The shave was comfortable and close and once again, I was careful with ATG shaving and instead, I relied on angled ATG shave.

It could have been slightly better by my throat and under the chin, but I'm being picky now.

The lather was amazing. It was "much" wetter than what I'm mostly used to. It looks wrong but behaves good. I'm not sure what that is about. Perhaps too much Youtube video watching.

I think it's because the lather has been wetter than usual, that I've almost run about of lather while shaving. Ideally I should be more effective with the razor and therefore also use less lather, so I'm not too worried.

The previous shave was one of my quickest, but I wasn't trying to be quick. The shave itself with 4 passes took 30 minutes and the entire routine from start (moisturizing the stubble) to finish (cleaning up the sink etc) took 40-45 minutes.

To keep the learning process simple, I'm still using same stuff: Derby Extra blades and Proraso Green shaving cream.

There was a period when I noticed severe dryness on the face. It's entirely gone and I'm not absolutely sure why. I haven't been taking multivitamins pills, which were absolutely the cause behind some rash I was getting. But I've lately also been bad a rememering to take my D vitamin pills. Hmm..

Top Bottom