What's new

Questions of the day...

What qualifies as a BBS shave?

• My face is smooth when rubbed with the grain.

• My face is smooth when rubbed across the grain.

• My face is smooth when rubbed against the grain.

• A BBS shave is pure fantasy!

Results are only viewable after voting.
What's your definition of a BBS shave? We all strive for a 'Baby Butt Smooth' shave, but how do you know? I believe that we could get concensis that not feeling stubble qualifies a shave as BBS. But is it when you rub your hand with the grain or across the grain or against the grain that you counts. If I rub my face with the grain and don't feel stubble, does this qualify. Must I be able to run against the grain without stubble for it to count. If it's the first, then virtually every shave since I've started wet shaving is BBS. If it's the latter, then my BBS shaves are few and far between because I have a problem spot on my neck that I rarely get that close on.

What do you guys think???

i am cleanly shaved 1 hour ago.changed my routine a tad.im smooth wtg in most areas,if i stick to my routine im smooth in all areas.this is what i class has bbs,to get total bbs to feel atg is fantasy.woops hope ive not started a contoversial point :biggrin:

I don't go for BBS. I just try to get a good shave and rarely go against the grain. My skin is just too sensitive and beard too coarse, plus, I have several areas where it is omnidirectional and prone to nicks/irritation.

The closest I get to a BBS is with my Slant. When using it, I never get more aggressive than a diagonal stroke.

Gonna try a straight soon enough and see what happens with that.

Plenty of guys seem to get BBS though.

On the five mornings I shave during the week, I go for BBS usually three times a week. It's hard not to miss a spot somewhere, but it's definitely attainable.

By BBS I mean smooth when running your hand against the grain.

Top Bottom