What's new

Question on brush knot suppliers

I have decided to try my hand at doing a couple of brush restorations. In looking around the internet I see a few suppliers of shave knots (i will likely use silvertip or super badger) I would like to know if someone could give a recommendation on a trusted supplier for knots. Ideally, I would prefer the best price and best quality but I would rather spend a little more and get a high quality knot. Thanks in advance for input!

The Golden Nib - thegoldennib.com has the best price and selection and their customer service is absolutely amazing. Tony will work with you and give you recommendations.

I could be wrong on this but I belive shavemac will also create a custom knot for you but the price will be significantly higher. I've never used a shavemac knot personally but the quality is supposed to be outstanding.

The only supplier I've used is The Golden Nib. In fact, it's the only one I know of and will be curious to see what else is out there. Tony, at TGN, is great to work with.

The Golden Nib - thegoldennib.com has the best price and selection and their customer service is absolutely amazing. Tony will work with you and give you recommendations.

A very big +1

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Tony again and I'm from across the pond! :thumbup:

If this is your first attempt at restoration I would buy the TGN knot, Tony will help you select the right knot size for your application. The knots are great quality, they are a great value!!!!

Thanks a million to all...it sounds like Tony at the golden nib is the guy I want. I really appreciate the input and I will post some pix when the project is complete!

I have just restored several brushes and I worked with Tony at TGN and Rudy Vey at [email protected]. Rudy helped me with two Shavemac knots. They are both excellent vendors and good to work with.

Best regards,

Doug

I've used The Golden Nib for the two restores I've done and I've been very happy. I have not used another supplier.

Top Bottom