What's new

Question about Schick SE blades

The Schick Type G is, in my humble opinion, an engineering marvel. A wonderful razor to start your day off right.

Regarding the blades, I have always changed my blade every week, just as I would with a DE razor.

My question is how many shaves do you typically get from a Schick SE blade before you change your blade?
20200510_115756_resized.jpg

I do not routinely shave with an SE razor, although I have an ATT SE1 that uses Artist Club blades. However, since SE blades are thicker than DE blades, I have always heard that they should last longer. Thus, if you get a week out of DE blades, see if you can get two out of the SE blades. Some people change blades on a schedule, but I have always believed that you should only change blades when they become either too dull for your beard or too harsh for your face. With DE blades, that is about every 3-4 days for me and about a week for the AC blades.

Sounds like we are in the ballpark of 14 days for a Chinese Schick. Next tme I load up a new blade I will give it 14 days...instead of my usual weekly change. I am going to pick up some of the Proline B20s . Too bad they don't come with a key. I don't like the idea of having to empty the cartridge and re-load them into a cartridge with a key. :pipe:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sounds like we are in the ballpark of 14 days for a Chinese Schick. Next tme I load up a new blade I will give it 14 days...instead of my usual weekly change. I am going to pick up some of the Proline B20s . Too bad they don't come with a key. I don't like the idea of having to empty the cartridge and re-load them into a cartridge with a key. :pipe:
The B-20 Schick proline was made for a Shavevette, you have to make sure they are seated properly or you will find them a little aggressive because they seat a little lower than a standard blade. I have used them but I do not anymore because of my research into them. Personna SS PTFE injector standard blades would be a better choice IMO and Personna makes the Schick Proline P-30 so they more than likely make the B-20.
The problem with the B-20 it has a large radius on the corners, it is a good blade IMO. I use it in my Enders shaver.
(1st picture below is a B-20 ..............& 2nd picture below is a standard injector blade made for injectors.
Schick proline b-20 vs regular1 (2).jpg

Schick proline b-20 vs regular 4.jpg

Edgewell makes the USA Personna injector blades and Gem blades and a lot of other specialty blades.
Try a blade sells the Schick Proline p-30 & they sell other single edge blades and mention were they are MFG.
Schick - Proline P-30

If you order 20 or more of these blades, we will keep them in their original package, or "tuck".
Schick - Proline P-30

• Blade Type: Artist Club
  • Manufacturer: Edgewell

Are there American made injector blades and how do they compare?

Personna blades are American made far as I know. Some people say they are not sharp enough, me personally I have no problems using them.

As far as the original poster's question. I use a blade for 10 shaves before discarding. I can get 14 to 15 shaves out of a blade but after the tenth shave they start to lose their edge and don't perform as well.

Top Bottom