What's new

Question about ordering process for Wolfman Razors

Hi, I am new to the forum and about 1 year in on my wet shaving adventure. I have a question regarding the ordering process for Wolfman Razors. I got on the waiting list in early March, and at the time I was thinking about ordering the the WR-2 with the Darwin handle in Copper as I did not have any copper razors. However, since signing up on the wait list, I have acquired 3 copper razors (A Rod George designs that I tried my hand at doing a forced patina on, A Karve Overlander in Copper, and a Carbon Shaving Copper). I love the look but at this point I don't think I want one more razor to have to think about whether or not I want to let it develop a patina, or continue to polish it.

So at this point, I think I would like to order the Wolfman in Titanium instead of Copper. Does anyone know, will that present a problem? Does he have a certain production schedule with different metals and will I therefore be subject to a longer wait once my name comes up due to changing the metal?

Also, I am interested in suggestions on blade gaps for the WR-2. I typically like mild razors with little to no blade feel. I appreciate efficiency, but I always do a 3 pass shave because I enjoy the extra time spent doing so. Some of my most comfortable shaving razors are the Rockwell 6S with a 3 or 4 plate, the Alpha Shaving Outlaw Evolution Ti, the Yates Ti Merica, and the Lambda Athena. Any suggestions on blade gap preferences would be most welcome.

Attachments

• DSC04152.jpeg
    DSC04152.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 18
Hi, I am new to the forum and about 1 year in on my wet shaving adventure. I have a question regarding the ordering process for Wolfman Razors. I got on the waiting list in early March, and at the time I was thinking about ordering the the WR-2 with the Darwin handle in Copper as I did not have any copper razors. However, since signing up on the wait list, I have acquired 3 copper razors (A Rod George designs that I tried my hand at doing a forced patina on, A Karve Overlander in Copper, and a Carbon Shaving Copper). I love the look but at this point I don't think I want one more razor to have to think about whether or not I want to let it develop a patina, or continue to polish it.

So at this point, I think I would like to order the Wolfman in Titanium instead of Copper. Does anyone know, will that present a problem? Does he have a certain production schedule with different metals and will I therefore be subject to a longer wait once my name comes up due to changing the metal?

Also, I am interested in suggestions on blade gaps for the WR-2. I typically like mild razors with little to no blade feel. I appreciate efficiency, but I always do a 3 pass shave because I enjoy the extra time spent doing so. Some of my most comfortable shaving razors are the Rockwell 6S with a 3 or 4 plate, the Alpha Shaving Outlaw Evolution Ti, the Yates Ti Merica, and the Lambda Athena. Any suggestions on blade gap preferences would be most welcome.
I changed my gap when my name came up as I bought a wr2 head before my name came up. It shouldn’t make a difference. As far as gaps go I have a 1.25 sb and like it, but, it seems 0.95 is now more popular with people who share your razor preference I think. I would let some others chime in first though.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
You can finalize things after you get the email saying your name is at the top of the list. I try to do it beforehand as it makes it a bit smoother, at least, for me. But you can change your mind at the last minute because you will only get an invoice after you've chosen what you want.. and confirm it. Then in a week or two, you'll get an invoice from "JD CNC Machining". After you confirm the invoice and make a payment, your order will usually be shipped in 2 weeks, at least, that's how it has worked for me.

I just had an order shipped to me that will show up next Tuesday.

I changed my gap when my name came up as I bought a wr2 head before my name came up. It shouldn’t make a difference. As far as gaps go I have a 1.25 sb and like it, but, it seems 0.95 is now more popular with people who share your razor preference I think. I would let some others chime in first though.
Thank you for the information

So here is deal with Wolfman they are pricy, you have Razors already, what do you think or guess the reason for want Wolfman is?

Think you need put your thinking cap on and ask specific question to Wolfman owner on Pro & Cons of Metal, Blade Gap and all the other choices you have.

No I have never owned a Wolf, touched or seen a Wolf.

So here is deal with Wolfman they are pricy, you have Razors already, what do you think or guess the reason for want Wolfman is?

Think you need put your thinking cap on and ask specific question to Wolfman owner on Pro & Cons of Metal, Blade Gap and all the other choices you have.

So what makes you think he doesn't have his thinking cap on?

Since falling into this hobby a year ago, I have found that I really enjoy collecting and using a variety of razors. This is new for me. Typically I am all about researching something to death, picking the best single option and using that always. This feels different. I find myself really enjoying the variety and the multitude of combinations of razors, blades, pre-shaves, soaps, etc. Sort of like the saying “you can’t step into the same river twice” except with this, you could, but you never have to

Since falling into this hobby a year ago, I have found that I really enjoy collecting and using a variety of razors. This is new for me. Typically I am all about researching something to death, picking the best single option and using that always. This feels different. I find myself really enjoying the variety and the multitude of combinations of razors, blades, pre-shaves, soaps, etc. Sort of like the saying “you can’t step into the same river twice” except with this, you could, but you never have to

Researching to death is good thing, you make lass bad choices in life. Wolfman's are like theRoll Royce of Razor can't think of anything else this expensive a price point to shave with. Not something you want to pick wrong anything of.

Top Bottom