What's new

QED's Security certificate

I have not been on that site in years. I would not trust Charles to update his security. Calling is your best bet.

This is the same cert he has had for a long time. Most websites buy a cert for each webserver or domain name (unless you have a wildcard cert). The QED order form uses a cert provided by the web hosting company, which does not have the qedusa.com domain name tied to it. The certificate is also generated by the webhosting company and not a standard CA. It might not be as secure as a site using a verisign cert, but it is much more secure than a clear-text connection.

I had an order all typed up last month, when I tried to finish up, I got a security warning also. I have a Mac with Safari. I bailed. I wish QED would fix this, as I have some stuff I want to buy!

I get that same security certificate warning every time. Finally, I quit trying and just call Charles for his orders. His number is on his website somewhere.

I emailed him to give him the heads-up regarding this issue. He told me to ignore the warning and order. So we'll see.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
If you have ordered from Charles in the past, he will have your account info. I just send him an email requesting the items I would like him to send to me and he charges my account.

I wouldn't worry about the certificate. Worry about all of the products he offers, the great prices and what they will do to your credit card! :biggrin:

I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt there's someone waiting to pounce on customers to a completely unknown (outside the small shaving community) site that probably does minimal business on the grand scale of e-commerce.

Top Bottom