What's new

QED lime

What do bergamot and vetiver smell like? I see the names on a lot of products, but I have no idea what they are.

Vetiver comes from the root of an Indian grass. It's a difficult note to describe -- I'm not even going to attempt it (especially since it's not one of my faves). I'll leave that to someone more qualified.

Bergamot, however, is a citrus fruit. If you've ever smelled Earl Grey tea, that's what Bergamot smells like. The tea is scented & flavored with the oil. VERY nice! :w00t:

What do bergamot and vetiver smell like? I see the names on a lot of products, but I have no idea what they are.

Bergamot is the citrus that is used to perfume Earl Grey tea; a very refined citrus scent.

Vetiver, its very hard not to laugh when trying to describe this scent as it is a bit "out there." the best possible description for me would be 'smokey earth.'

Bergamot is the citrus that is used to perfume Earl Grey tea; a very refined citrus scent.

Vetiver, its very hard not to laugh when trying to describe this scent as it is a bit "out there." the best possible description for me would be 'smokey earth.'

Vetiver comes from the root of an Indian grass. It's a difficult note to describe -- I'm not even going to attempt it (especially since it's not one of my faves). I'll leave that to someone more qualified.

Bergamot, however, is a citrus fruit. If you've ever smelled Earl Grey tea, that's what Bergamot smells like. The tea is scented & flavored with the oil. VERY nice! :w00t:

LOL thanks guys. :) I think I might just go to a naturalist sorta store and see if they have some EOs in those flavors to check them out. I love the descriptions - "smokey earth".

I just ordered a hjar of Fresh Lime and a jar of Vetiver. I know my father likes the smell of vetiver, so I figured I'd see how it was. I'll let you know once I get it.

I just ordered a hjar of Fresh Lime and a jar of Vetiver. I know my father likes the smell of vetiver, so I figured I'd see how it was. I'll let you know once I get it.

You're gonna love the fresh lime. It's THAT good.

Today I switched back to Proraso because I was in a hurry shaving, but in general I think I'll be going back and forth between the fresh limes and the proraso. The rest of my collection can take a flying leap at this point.

Okay, the AoS Sandalwood can stay too.

Okay, QED chocolate too.

FINE Speick. Stick around. Whatever.
What's that? You in back? Gillette can??? Where'd you come from?? No, I'm sorry, you're off the island.

TOBS? Meh. If you gotta stay, you gotta... but I have to say that you're really low on my totem now.

Even tho I'm not nuts about Vetiver by itself, I have to say that QED's Ranger bath soap smells incredible. It's a combination of primarily Sandalwood and Vetiver and, well ... :w00t:

Do any of you find lime soaps to dry your skin? If so, would you say your skin is oily, normal, dry or somewhere in between?

I haven't tried any soaps or other lime creams yet, but I found that Truefitt & Hill's West Indian Limes cream will dry out my skin if I use it several days in a row. I love the strong lime scent, though, so I'm not about to give up on finding a good lime cream or soap that I can use regularly.

+1 on the Ranger....mmmm limey vetivery sandalwoody goodness...

Vetiver is one of those weird, interesting scents that you either love or hate. I have the QED Vetiver shave stick, and used it this morning... The scent for me is like camping in the woods....its a mixture of the campfire's smoke and pine trees... now if they only made it in one of those hangy car tree things.....

Ordered the Lime and the Vetiver, awaiting their arrival. Would be my first shave with shaving soap. Let's see how that goes...

I have shaving sticks of both and you can tell a difference but for me the Lime so dominates in BathTub Gin that the two scents are very, very similar. The Fresh Lime smells like it is edible. The Bathtub Gin has enough of the Juniper (not sure what else, maybe lemon) that makes it smell similar to the Lime but not something you would want to eat. When The sticks are gone I'll probably just replace one of the scents and most likely it would be the Lime since I can get it in tubs.

Scoopster, thank you for the feedback much appreciated!

I tried the QED Lime last night. Wow. It's amazing. Lathers very well, nice and cushy, smells deliciously lime-y. I walked back into the bathroom about 45 minutes after I shaved and it still smelled of lime. I'll try the Vetiver tonight.

I used my QED Lime this morning. mmMM good! I love the way it smells, though a friend of mine recently gave it a sniff, wrinkled his nose, and pronounced the smell, "eau de bodega." :biggrin:

I used my QED Lime this morning. mmMM good! I love the way it smells, though a friend of mine recently gave it a sniff, wrinkled his nose, and pronounced the smell, "eau de bodega." :biggrin:

lol...

it's still my favorite soap. getting used 1 out of 3 shaves at this point (which is good considering it's up against proraso red/green, scs creams, AoS sandalwood, and several others)

I just checked by email a couple of days ago and Charles said that Fresh Lime was not available but might be back in stock in two weeks. In the meantime Im trying Castle Forbes Lime that has a nice strong scent. My only other Lime soap/creme is Geo F Trumper Limes but that is so subtle that I cant detect nearly any hint of lime. :001_smile

I love the QED Bathtub Gin, which is very limey. Its absolutely excellent in every way. Great citrus fragrance and slippery slick. Does anyone have any experience comparing the QED Bathtub Gin to its cousin the QED plain Lime?

Yes... The Bathtub Gin has that unmistakeable juniper berry fragrance.. Absolutely delightful.. The fresh limes has that lime-in-your-face challenge that exceeds daiquiris, gimlets, and mojitos.:w00t:

Just ordered the Fresh Lime soap from QED as Charles had it back in stock. I'm looking forward to this arriving. Thus far the best lime shot I've had is the Castle Forbes Lime cream. A bit of a luxury item at that price. :smile:

Used my QED lime shave stick for the first time this morning -- the stick format is going to take some gettin' used to, but that smell... MMMMM. Glorious. ARRRRGH and it cures me scurvy!

Got my QED Fresh lime soap tub and stick today. Used the stick for the first time already. First off, these are strong lime scents, which is what I was looking for. The lime smell was detectable even while I was unpacking the shipping box! I tried the stick this evening. The scent is a bit fruity and as someone else has posted, the lime smelled strong and good enough to eat (but I refrained). I'm gonna have to get used to the direct application of the stick and face lathering as I got a good first run, but the second pass was kinda thin. This is only the second glycerin (clear) based soap I've used, the other being Col. Conk's. Most of my soaps are tripled milled (Tabac, TOB, GFT, C&E, etc.; and yes SSAD is the correct diagnosis).

So far very impressive!:001_smile

Top Bottom