What's new

QED lime

From my blog (http://punkrockshaving.blogspot.com - figured it'd be a good post for here too) -

I've been on a total lime kick lately - from the Trumper's Lime skin food to the Wesley+Scott lime aftershave, so it seemed like a natural fit to try the QED natural lime soap and the Vulfix Sicilian Lime cream.

They came well-packaged from QED's website, and when I opened the containers at my desk I was assaulted by the smell of fresh limes. Unreal - QED apparently uses a LOT of essential oils in his soap. So how was the shave?

Well, I gave the QED soap a try this morning - and it's really nice. I got the best lather I've ever gotten out of a soap, but I think I need to learn a bit more about face lathering before I make a real judgment. It lubed my face up just fine and left me feeling pretty smooth. Is it as nice as Proraso? Not yet. :) That king is yet to be dethroned.

QED Fresh Limes is one I will always have in my cabinet. Anyone who enjoys lime owes it to themselves to give it a try. :thumbup:

Loved the QED lime, still figuring out this shave stick and face lathering business havent gotten in completely down yet but i will soon

QED Lime is THE benchmark, IMHO, for lime scented soaps or creams.

Yeah, I got the vulfix sicilian limes cream at the same time - the scent is NOWHERE near the QED scent. :) that said, I test-lathered it on my arm last night and WHOAH vulfix is good stuff.

QED Lime followed by Royall Lyme aftershave splash. Ahhhhhhh.

You put de lime in de sapponified coconut oil and lather all up.

I've never used QED's Lime soap, does anyone know if it would cause burning or irritation on someone with sensitive skin? How about the Wild Orange scent? I :001_tt1: lime/citrus products but they don't like me.

I've never used QED's Lime soap, does anyone know if it would cause burning or irritation on someone with sensitive skin? How about the Wild Orange scent? I :001_tt1: lime/citrus products but they don't like me.

If you have had a reaction to other lime/citrus products you stand a good chance to have a reaction to QED. He uses high quality EO's but lots of them so it will bring out the best or worst coupling of a particular EO and your skin. If you are really hunkering to give it a try have the right expectations and know that you can quickly and easily resell the product in Buy/Sell/Trade. Good luck, hope it works!

If you have had a reaction to other lime/citrus products you stand a good chance to have a reaction to QED. He uses high quality EO's but lots of them so it will bring out the best or worst coupling of a particular EO and your skin. If you are really hunkering to give it a try have the right expectations and know that you can quickly and easily resell the product in Buy/Sell/Trade. Good luck, hope it works!

Thanks, that's what I figured. I've tried Trumper's Lime soap & T&H West Indies Lime cream and both burned. I tried Taylor's Eton College A/S & it was the fires of hell in a bottle (it has citrus oils in it). :yikes: MB Lime soap is on the list to try.

So far, the Pirate's Cove Lime is the only lime I've been able to use without issue. Great soap.

QED Lime followed by Royall Lyme aftershave splash. Ahhhhhhh.

I just won a bottle of that aftershave - I can't WAIT to try it out!!!

I have never had a reaction to any other soap or cream (about 10-12 others including Vulfix Sicilian Lime) but QED Fresh Lime Shave Stick did give me a slight burning sensation, not bad enough to wash everything and start over but I definitely felt it. Maybe the shave stick aspect added to it, you know, applying it directly to my mug but who knows.

I have never had a reaction to any other soap or cream (about 10-12 others including Vulfix Sicilian Lime) but QED Fresh Lime Shave Stick did give me a slight burning sensation, not bad enough to wash everything and start over but I definitely felt it. Maybe the shave stick aspect added to it, you know, applying it directly to my mug but who knows.

Interesting. I have sensitive (very) skin and had no problem... but I didn't face lather, and it wasn't a stick... so... I'll try face lathering tomorrow morning and see what happens.

It is SO weird to look forward to shaving. :) What a change from my old M3 days.

I love the QED Bathtub Gin, which is very limey. Its absolutely excellent in every way. Great citrus fragrance and slippery slick. Does anyone have any experience comparing the QED Bathtub Gin to its cousin the QED plain Lime?

I love the QED Bathtub Gin, which is very limey. Its absolutely excellent in every way. Great citrus fragrance and slippery slick. Does anyone have any experience comparing the QED Bathtub Gin to its cousin the QED plain Lime?

I have shaving sticks of both and you can tell a difference but for me the Lime so dominates in BathTub Gin that the two scents are very, very similar. The Fresh Lime smells like it is edible. The Bathtub Gin has enough of the Juniper (not sure what else, maybe lemon) that makes it smell similar to the Lime but not something you would want to eat. When The sticks are gone I'll probably just replace one of the scents and most likely it would be the Lime since I can get it in tubs.

QED Lime is THE benchmark, IMHO, for lime scented soaps or creams.

I'd go as far as saying that Charles' scents are each and everyone the benchmark scent for everything out there.

The Lime, Bergamot, Sandalwood, Wild Orange, Lavender and Vetiver immediately come to mind.

I'd go as far as saying that Charles' scents are each and everyone the benchmark scent for everything out there.

The Lime, Bergamot, Sandalwood, Wild Orange, Lavender and Vetiver immediately come to mind.

+1 to that, homey! :thumbup: Charles knows his stuff!

What do bergamot and vetiver smell like? I see the names on a lot of products, but I have no idea what they are.

Top Bottom