What's new

Python Boots

Not unlike the Colt revolver of the same name. Python boots are spendy, not all that easy to come by, and hopelessly exotic.
I am thinking of acquiring a pair. Question is...can anyone advise how durable Python skin is or is not? Realize I won't be wearing these for anything but proper dress or casual occasions (far more casual than "dress"; remember this is Appalachia). But for the price, I want something fairly sturdy. Any input?

Sold out quicker than a case of .380 at the LGS....guess python is the hot set up. Eh...I kind of was leaning toward lizard anyway.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve had a pair of Dan Post python for at least 15 years. At least I think they are python, could be rattle snake. But as far as durability is concerned snake is snake IMO. Some type of snake anyway. I don’t wear them often anymore but when I did they were my everyday boots. I wore out the heel and need to get a new cap on it. Maybe new soles too. But they have held up well I think. They have taken snow, rain, dirt, whatever, over the years.

Snake will turn yellow on you if you don’t condition it. I think there is some type of UV blocking cream or something you can apply that will prevent the yellow. I didn’t mess with that though.

They don’t have to be expensive either. I think these were $100 on sale from Sheplers. Of course...that was 15+ years ago. I haven’t looked at prices in YEARS.

I’ve got a pair of ostrich quill that are way more comfortable. If I recall the snake took quite awhile to break in.

5BD7BAA7-E567-4A31-86AC-663F18C4E511.jpeg

CBE50189-3C5F-4CF7-8C15-7986DEA4F24F.jpeg

5FB2B0F3-4C53-4CB9-8C9C-DBEEDF33525F.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Good old Bromidrosis (Not sure I spelled that right, but I was hanging in Joes Garage where we didn't have no dope or LSD.)

Apostrophe is so classic, but Joe's Garage is a master work of Frank's.

FZ apparently HAD python boots; so should we all, goes my garage-influenced thinking.

Back on track: I did have a snake belt, think it was rattlesnake though. And it did turn yellow, but I probably outgrew it before then.

AA

Top Bottom