What's new

Proraso vs Cella

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Cella I've used it and I've used the C.O. Bigelow which is said to be Prorasso Green. The Cella was a better soap. The Bigelow lathered as easily but that's the only area I though it kept up.

Cella vs Poraso red hmmm. I like them both equally they both have their merits to include scent and performance but for me I would choose Cella if I was forced to choose.

I've only used Proraso white cream, really not that impressed. Cella however is excellent. I perhaps need to try the proraso tubs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Well I have Cella in tub form and tubs of Proraso Red,White and Green. And you know what, I wouldn’t be without any of them. Just get all four and you will be very happy, just like I am.

This is the classic B&B answer right here. Just get ‘em all. [emoji16]

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

People seem obsessed with rating things, like shaving soaps. What's actually important is getting something that works well for you at a reasonable cost. Maybe both soaps have their good points, maybe one person's "better" is not better for you.

My favorite soap is considered a "mediocre" or "C+" on some soap snob's rating chart. I couldn't care less. If someone else wants to spend $40-60 on their "top tier" soap, that's their choice. It would be nice not to be sneered at as a plebeian, but that's asking too much, I suppose.

The Proraso White and Green lines suite my skin better.

I have an allergy toward Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima. Too bad because Cella performs well.

I want to try the new Cella Bio Extra Extra Organic.
This is the reason I've never tried Cella. I've had a few Stirling soaps react with my skin, so I'm not going to take a chance on Cella.

Has anyone had a reaction to Cella Purissima and not Cella Bio?
Compare the ingredients lists of the soaps you have used and identify the chemicals causing skin reactions. If Cella does not contain chemicals from your offensive chemical list, then try the Cella. Cella performs very well. For every person that can’t use Cella, there are probably 100’s that can.

People seem obsessed with rating things, like shaving soaps. What's actually important is getting something that works well for you at a reasonable cost. Maybe both soaps have their good points, maybe one person's "better" is not better for you.

My favorite soap is considered a "mediocre" or "C+" on some soap snob's rating chart. I couldn't care less. If someone else wants to spend $40-60 on their "top tier" soap, that's their choice. It would be nice not to be sneered at as a plebeian, but that's asking too much, I suppose.

Indeed. In fact, I’m probably blasphemous in saying I like a soap that isn’t overly thick. They don’t clog DEs as much and nearly invisible particles don’t dry up and trap moisture on a straight razor, which is my main go to for the past 8 months.

Clean up is easier on the “non-performers”. They work up into a lather quicker as well. As long as my blade glides, I’m good.

I like Cella, except for the fragrance and clean up. I do enjoy it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends which ProRaso
Cella versus red green white cella wins
Cella versus wood and spice the later wins by a margin
Problem all smell a bit synthetic if you have had better other Italian soaps like tfs razorock etc

Well I have Cella in tub form and tubs of Proraso Red,White and Green. And you know what, I wouldn’t be without any of them. Just get all four and you will be very happy, just like I am.

+1! Great advice!

Be happy with what you have: goal for the New Year!! :a29::a29:

I recently got a tub of cella and it's matching splash. One shave in and I can say it was okay, but, not as good as proraso red that I have had in my rotation for years. I like the scent until it is lathered at least.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom