What's new

Proraso Red Pre-shave as Aftershave Balm

I've used the Proraso red pre-shave a few times now. I know it's advertised that one can use it as a post-shave balm, so I tried it today. Not a fan. I don't like the way it made my skin feel to the touch. Lots of friction. If I rubbed my hand over my cheek, my cheek was coming with it. I didn't like this "stickiness" or "tackiness," whatever the right word would be. I won't do that again. Pre-shave only for me.

Hate it as pre-shave (0/10), love it as an aftershave creme (9/10). One more proof that ymmv 😄.
:) That's funny. It's the only pre-shave I've used, so I have nothing to compare it with. The only "pre-shave" I've done before buying this was to lather up and put a hot towel over my face.

Is it the older tub or the newer super formula? My older tub has that "tacky" feel but I don't get that with the super formula.

So after reading this thread I hit Amazon, and managed to get a 100gr jar of the red (to compliment my red soap and AS) to my house tomorrow for a mere £3.97! Well it would be rude not to. 👍

Top Bottom