What's new

Proraso in US chains?

When Target used to carry Proraso, I heard that they had trouble getting timely shipments, and this might be why they dropped the product. I hope that the same isn't happening with Bigelow and Bath and Body Shop.

Target carried Proraso products some years ago and then stopped, much to our sadness. I've never understood that move because the stuff seemed to sell quickly. However, if you go to Bath and Body Works (in just about any mall) you will find Bigelow shaving cream in a green tube---it is in reality Proraso.

Good to know. Did not realize BBW carried this.

I went to B&BW Friday and they were out of Bigelow. They were not sure if or when they will get more. I may just get a tube of Proraso from Amazon. $11 there with free shipping (Prime member).

i hit up 2 Bath and Body Workds and were out of stock. i found one in the next county. i will be going to tomorrow. they have some in stock:thumbup:

Last time I shopped for some Bigelow I found it out of stock as well. I did find the small tubes at a trip to another B&BW. I emailed B&BW to make sure there wasn't a reason to horde, but they said they plan to stock it again. The guy in the second store also said he knew nothing about them discontinuing the stuff.

I emailed B&BW about the availability of the C.O. Bigelow cream. They are still experiencing a delay in receiving this from their vendors and no definitive date on when it will be available. If you really want it, then order Proraso from one of the preferred online vendors at $10-11 a tube. The shipping fees may kill you though.

Superior Shave does not charge shipping for US orders and there is no minimum order size. The also have some of the fastest shipping out there.
I have done business with them, and I recommend them.

The carry both Proraso and the Bigelow.

Sweet. Wish I would of know that before I placed an order with C.O. Bigelow for Proraso after shave splash. I used a promo code, so that picked up most of the shipping charges.

Superior Shave does not charge shipping for US orders and there is no minimum order size. The also have some of the fastest shipping out there.
I have done business with them, and I recommend them.

The carry both Proraso and the Bigelow.

When I inquired at the local B&BW, I was told that they had stopped carrying the tubes of shave cream and that I should really go with the can because it was great stuff. : ( We'll see, I guess...

When I inquired at the local B&BW, I was told that they had stopped carrying the tubes of shave cream and that I should really go with the can because it was great stuff. : ( We'll see, I guess...

Yet more proof that store associates are not to be trusted.

I just ordered two tubes for $22 free shipping... That or pay $11 plus $5 shipping. I actually went on a mission after dropping my mom off at the airport. Earlier that morning I found out about CO Big and thought awesome! Dropped her off went to a few bath and body... Nothing. One lady me the 1800 number. Checked the SKU... No where. I was an hour from my house. So I bought the 2 tubes. This weekend I went to a local Bath and Body to look for after shave... I found it! "How long have you had this? I called the 1800 number and she told me it was discontinued everywhere".

So free shipping... For a few dollars more you can have enough to last you for a while. So you may be able to find it at bath and body. You might have to try a few like I did (3). I think it was a smaller travel tube. Maybe thats why the sku wasnt found..

http://www.amazon.com/Proraso-Shavi...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1274331413&sr=1-2

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yet more proof that store associates are not to be trusted.

+1

The BBW staff is as bone headed a group as I've ever come across with the very possible exception of the AOS staff.
BBW are pretty clueless and just don't know, but AOS folk will heartily tell you the wrong thing.

The BBW staff is as bone headed a group as I've ever come across with the very possible exception of the AOS staff.
BBW are pretty clueless and just don't know, but AOS folk will heartily tell you the wrong thing.

I once bought a natural sea sponge a B&BW. I went back a few months later to get another one, and didn't see any. A smiling, upbeat associate asked if she could help, and I told her what I was looking for. She said, "Oh, we've been selling those as part of a boxed set. Let me see if I can find one...here you go." I informed her that what she had was a synthetic sponge designed to look like a sea sponge. She looked rather sheepish and said, "Oops...I've sold four of these already, telling people they were real." Evidently they had stopped carrying the natural ones.

Top Bottom