What's new

Probably the best cream I've ever used

Kiss My Face (KFM) Lavender Shea.

Pretty much a perfect shaving product.

It's been discontinued not a long time ago.

Amazing performace, excellent skin properties, bought it for less than $4, the best scented lavender product I've used (smells so pure, scent strength is a 6.5-7/10), high quality container etc.

It's as good as any other top performing shaving product without all these constant reformulations and changes in the formula. It's that good.

It seems to be coming back, but it is not stocked everywhere yet. We can order KMF cream online for about $7/11oz in the US which is a large pump bottle. Some sellers are overcharging on the basis that it is rare, but the company seems to be under new ownership and producing fresh product.

It seems to be coming back, but it is not stocked everywhere yet. We can order KMF cream online for about $7/11oz in the US which is a large pump bottle. Some sellers are overcharging on the basis that it is rare, but the company seems to be under new ownership and producing fresh product.

That is very interesting!

I have the Pomegranate Grapefruit in the large pump bottle, another nice scent. Performance is the same with the Lavender Shea.

Thanks for sharing. I just bought some on Amazon. The title says key lime scent. There were two options down below and I selected cool mint scent to get prime shipping. Not sure if I am going to get lime or mint but I am good either way.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The Key Lime with prime shipping is currently for a 4-pack of 11 oz bottles for just over $28USD. I went with Pomegranate Grapefruit. Smells fantastic and seems best used by folks who are skilled lather-builders (not me) or idjits that pump some on their palm and cram it angrily against their face and neck me!)

...Smells fantastic and seems best used by folks who are skilled lather-builders (not me) or idjits that pump some on their palm and cram it angrily against their face and neck me!)
You don't have to make it pretty like @Nicholas but KMF is best with some water added. You can just apply a thin layer to the face, and lather it up on the face with a damp brush. You can add a bit of water at a time until it seems right.

Another good use for KMF is to boost soaps that are difficult to lather. Add a squirt of KMF on top of the soap puck and lathering is easy.

thombrogan

You don't have to make it pretty like @Nicholas but KMF is best with some water added. You can just apply a thin layer to the face, and lather it up on the face with a damp brush. You can add a bit of water at a time until it seems right.

I got hyooj lather from it last night. Couldn't keep enough in the bowl to try to follow along with the online video instructions. Was too watery/not slick enough. Will try harder

I used to enjoy the Green Tea & Bamboo. Most of other scents were too strong and artificial for my tastes.

It was a great cream, slick as snot when dialed in. I preferred it much wetter than the pic above.

It’s good stuff. I’ve got an 11 oz bottle that’s still nearly full from a failed attempt to get my wife to take up DE shaving.

I got hyooj lather from it last night. Couldn't keep enough in the bowl to try to follow along with the online video instructions. Was too watery/not slick enough. Will try harder

As you already know, the texture of the cream is not the typical one. It is very similar to the T&H 10, another brushless cream. They both work better with a brush though, because they need lots of water to get a good and glossy lather.

I'd say try to bowl-lather the cream. Use a little cream, add a few drops of water and work it with your brush. Then add some more drops and work it again. It works great for me.

thombrogan

I'd say try to bowl-lather the cream. Use a little cream, add a few drops of water and work it with your brush. Then add some more drops and work it again. It works great for me.

Use more cream.

It worked! Difference between last time and now was the bowl. The Gentleman Jon’s bowl that I got for my birthday is wicked cool, but too small for a novice like me to use for learning. Stole my babby’s cereal bowl (plastic with built-in straw for enjoying cereal milk).

Also, super citrus scent in large cereal bowl is a dangerous temptation on an empty tummy…

Another use for KMF is for a superlather. If you have difficulty lathering another soap, a small amount of KMF will resolve that issue quickly.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
That is very interesting!

I have the Pomegranate Grapefruit in the large pump bottle, another nice scent. Performance is the same with the Lavender Shea.
I have that too. Never lathered it. I will have to sometime when I get around to to it.

Another use for KMF is for a superlather. If you have difficulty lathering another soap, a small amount of KMF will resolve that issue quickly.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there are so many posts where folks say if soap A doesn't lather, add soap B and then it will lather. So are you really adding missing ingredients that magically make soap A lather or is soap B the reason for the lather.

I have that too. Never lathered it. I will have to sometime when I get around to to it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there are so many posts where folks say if soap A doesn't lather, add soap B and then it will lather. So are you really adding missing ingredients that magically make soap A lather or is soap B the reason for the lather.
If you have to add something to a soap or cream product besides water, it ain't worth buying let alone using.

Top Bottom