What's new

Pre-shave Routine Poll

Which Pre-shave routine?

• Pre-Shave Oil

• Skinfood

• Shower/hot towel

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since theres no "none" option I picked other. I wet my face and that's about it. If I haven't shaved for a week or two I'll have a shower and work some conditioner in first, but I'm usually pretty minimalistic about it.

Sometimes I'll use a quick buff with some 80 grit sandpaper, followed by three scrapes with a rusty brillo pad and a little salt rub.

Seriously though, I shave in the bath, so it's usually just hold a wet rag on my face for a few seconds then lather and shave.

Shower, face cleaning with OCM including to be shaved area, then at sink, more hot water, maybe PSO if the mood strikes me right, maybe Corn Huskers, sometimes I rub in some Proraso cream as pre-shave while I make my lather, sometimes nothing; but almost always shower before shaving

i actually use nivea facial scrub (with the little hard bits in it) and some hot water and that softens up my beard and lifts away all those doritos i've eaten during one of my horrible grad classes.

Been trying to get into Truefitt & Hill's preshave oil but it just doesn't really seem to make much difference to my shave...hot shower followed by hot towel seems to do the trick.

I didn't tick anything because my routine is a bit specific. I usually shave after a hot shower and always wash the beard with Musgo pre-shave facial soap(rinsing all of it off before applying lather). Its not a pre-shave oil so i couldn't have ticked that one on the poll. I don't use a hot towel either as i find it a waste of lather(if your applying lather underneath) and a hot shower does a better job and the extra effort doesn't make much difference. No conditioner in the shower either as some conditioners. Just hot water/steam to the skin. Each to their own though.

Top Bottom