What's new

Practice Lather

I've started whipping up a batch of lather every night, whether I shave or not. This lets me figure out my technique, how much water to use, and helps to break in my brush. Well, yesterday I was at Wally World and found the $1.50 salsa bowl that many on here have touted as a good, inexpensive lather bowl. After scoring up a pattern on most of the inside of the bowl (and giving it a good wipe to clean up any bits of plastic), I went about making some super(-ish)lather with VDH Deluxe soap and my KMF shave cream. I soaked the brush (cheap-o VDH Boar) for about 15mins, put a dab of cream about the size of a dime in the bowl with maybe a teaspoon of water, loaded up the brush and went to town. After 3-4 minutes and another couple teaspoons of water, this is the result. Best lather yet!

$2013-01-10195433.jpg

Looks like an awesome lather!! I also use nightly practice to hone my lather skill. Once I got it down, shaving was so much more enjoyable :shaving:

Looks good :thumbup1:

I did the same when I started. Thats a good idea to use the salsa bowl, I might have to pick one up and see how it does.

I just carved out a cow web pattern in my salsa bowl and mixed some KMF cream with some La Toja and it produced amazing lather. Thanks for the idea.

Top Bottom