What's new

Post your pictures - ERN Razors

I'm used to do everything I can by myself. I looked up how to restore straights and it doesn't look so difficult, but I hope I will find time for that soon. Honing could be another story, but i'm sure I will learn that too - I'm a carpenter by trade and i'm used to sharpen tools. I already looked up honing too, and it is different, but, basically all you need is good tools, practice and patience. I'm thinking about buying some cheap blade to practice on.

Here are my two ERN's...

ERN Ator
$Ator.JPG

ERN Crown and Sword 204
$ERN204.JPG

Both are great shavers! Only have one shave on the Ator, so tough to compare the two.

I think I posted this in a couple other places but I'll it here also. This one is only labeled ERN. I can't say how it shaves yet, but from what I read I'm sure it will be great.

20190125_142500.jpg

SO it's good to know that ERN has so many names and symbols, but even looking at the Strazors.com list I think i have one that doesn't show up on there. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the tang says "non plus ultra" and below it says "germany". Etched into the blade on the same side is the crown and sword and hollow ground. i haven't done extensive research, but i've been under the impression they were different companies?

Great thread. I've only a very boring 5/8 Crown & Sword which I attempted (and failed) to straighten the scales on - once it's rescaled in something other than the cheap and nasty plastic ones it's currently wearing II'll have to post it up.

I had no idea they did so many bigger blades - largest I've seen has been 6/8. If I see a 7/8 like the one posted earlier then I might get carried away!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
SO it's good to know that ERN has so many names and symbols, but even looking at the Strazors.com list I think i have one that doesn't show up on there. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the tang says "non plus ultra" and below it says "germany". Etched into the blade on the same side is the crown and sword and hollow ground. i haven't done extensive research, but i've been under the impression they were different companies?
That translates to “not any more” in Latin. Still doesn’t make any sense.

That translates to “not any more” in Latin. Still doesn’t make any sense.
I wonder if that means it was an homage to them? Or maybe just an undocumented name out of the hundred documented ones :) it's a great little shaver, though has a little heel damage that worked out to not really matter :)

Top Bottom