What's new

Post your pictures - ERN Razors

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Time for the next thread: ERN Straight Razors.

Over the years, Carl Friedrich Ern manufactured quite a lot of different ERN razors. Time for the pictures, you know the rules, ERN razors only!

They were also stamped: 'C. Friedr. ERN & CO.', 'Eagle & Snake', 'America Del Sud', 'Army and Navy', 'Ator', 'A.V. Humboldt', 'Balance', 'Bank', 'Bar', 'Barbersone', 'Barbers Pet', 'Barden', 'Bessimar', 'Bur', 'Cuba', 'Electro Taban', 'Ern', 'Ern 1166', 'Ern A-Z', 'Ern-Blaauwappen', 'Ernette', 'Ern-Goldwappen', 'Ern-Grünwappen', 'Ern Junior', 'Ernovo', 'Ern-Silberwappen', 'Es-Ex', 'Farwood', 'Flaggen', 'Generale Ameglio,' 'Gong Razor', 'Gorki', 'The Hamburg Ring', 'Janissaire', 'Junk', 'Justrite', 'Ka Ci Be', 'King George', 'Knight Commander of the Bath', 'Kuroki', 'Laborista', 'Le Mondain', 'Lerne', 'Leiste', 'Liliput', 'Little Dorrit', 'Magnetic', 'Master', 'Master of Arts', 'Master of Science', 'Mickiewicz', 'Moustafa Kemal Pascha', 'Niazi', 'Nodzu', 'Oxama', 'Palmerston', 'Peer', 'Perfecto', 'Persian', 'Platypus', 'Primus', 'Protector', 'Püt', 'Raccoon', 'Roosevelt Razor', 'Schwert', 'S Essex', 'Sim Mart', 'Ski', 'Strandbad', 'Suneo', 'The Boss', 'The Crown And Sword Razor', 'The Kid', 'The Michaelin', 'The Mussel Razor', 'Turban', 'Waldern', 'Waldoo', 'Wee Macgreggor', 'Zeibek', 'Zepp.'

Here's mine! An Hamburg Ring - 1914!

Attachments

• $ERN Straight Razor 1.JPG
    $ERN Straight Razor 1.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 1,364
  • $ERN Straight Razor 2.JPG
    $ERN Straight Razor 2.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 1,360
  • $ERN Straight Razor 3.JPG
    $ERN Straight Razor 3.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 1,352
  • $ERN Straight Razor 4.JPG
    $ERN Straight Razor 4.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 1,358
Wow, considering how good these razors are there sure aren't many replies here.

One of my best razors, 5/8 ERN Master

proxy.php

Really???

Only 3 Ern's in this forum? Come on guys let's show one of the best Solingen blades some respect. Post those Erns!

Its like i need to save "Awsome job Luc" because im sick of writing it, lol, but once again excellent work Luc, great info on all the name variants. Ihave a few will try to post pics.

Here's my first time posting up any of my razors, and what a good excuse to do so : )
My one and only Ator in blonde scales. Always a decent shave off this ol' girl.

proxy.php

Hi everyone! Long time lurker :) Here's my ERN. Just received it as a Christmas gift!

Attachments

• $ERN1.jpg
    $ERN1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • $ERN2.jpg
    $ERN2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,106
That's a 5/8 Ern I don't own anymore.
I sold it.
Seb

Interesting! That's the same razor I posted photos of above the S 525 "10 Year Guarantee" but in German, I believe. They must have produced versions in different languages for export.

Last edited:
Hi, here's one I have. Is it old? I can't find any info on it.

Attachments

• $012.jpg
    $012.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 997
  • $016.jpg
    $016.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 997
  • $017.jpg
    $017.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 988
My 7/8 Crown & Sword I recently restored:

proxy.php

I have this same razor with the original scales (I think) - I'll post picks soon. I want to love it, and I've done just about all I can too love it, I have cleaned it, honed it etc.. But I can't get a good shave with it! ARG. I was actually thinking of asking some one here if they could hone the thing, and see if it gave them a good shave! I am at a loss.

BTW - what # is yours Zephyr?

Top Bottom