What's new

Post weeper shave

Everybody gets a weeper, nick or cut sometimes. Usually happens to me when I'm arguing with my wife when shaving with my 39c. My question is after that unpleasant shave, what gear do you guys use when shaving the next time? There's going to be a few bumps, scars and tricky areas on your face, which are just waiting to spout blood when a blade comes close to them.

My usual fallback is a GSB and R41 combo and a Plissoft Monster brush. The razor is aggressive enough to wipe out the hair in 1 pass and the blade is smooth enough to slice without nicking. I usually use an Arko or a Speick shavestick. Finish with my trusty Nivea sensitive balm.

Last edited:
Everybody gets a weeper, nick or cut sometimes. Usually happens to me when I'm arguing with my wife when shaving with my 39c. My question is after that unpleasant shave, what gear do you guys use when shaving the next time? There's going to be a few bumps, scars and tricky areas on your face, which are just waiting to spout blood when a blade comes close to them.

My usual fallback is a GSB and R41 combo and a Plissoft Monster brush. The razor is aggressive enough to wipe out the hair in 1 pass and the blade is smooth enough to slice without nicking. I usually use an Arko or a Speick shavestick. Finish with my trusty Nivea sensitive balm.
I'll take out my old electric shaver and spot shave the area for a day or two to allow everything to heal.

This was my shave yesterday. I used a hot towel to try and soften up those rough spots and it seemed to help compared to just applying lather and going at it. A good hot towel for a few minutes makes a difference for me even after a good shave.

Eh, what a weeper? :LMS

Ok, back to reality, I'll use some Witch Hazel, Alum, or Proraso Styptic Gel (awesome stuff if you haven't tried it), before the AS/Cologne. If still a little raw the next day, I'll use some Pre-Shave (Dove +Men or Glycerin Bar), and sometimes switch to razor less likely to bite. (BB, Timeless, or OneBlade with a GEM loaded - yes, I feel the Timeless 95 OC is easily controlled with the right blade).

I can usually stand a weeper or two without it affecting my next shave, but if I get irritation (with or without weepers) my next shave will consist of a face lathering of Tabac stick soap, left slightly dryer/greasier feeling than usual, and the shaving done with a fresh Voskhod in either my 68 Gamechanger, PAA Meta4, or Rex Ambasador turned down to a low setting.

Top Bottom