What's new

Post War tech: it's been a while

After reading some "rigidity" threads, I decided to use my post-war tech i havent used it in over a year and never really used it much.

I typically use a NEW SC. I gotta say that it was a very comfy shave. Smooth sailing. Results don't match the NEW, but for added added comfort, it might be a worthy tradeoff for such a smooth shave.

Anyways, just wanted to share.

Thanks for sharing. I am fully in line with you, my 58 on Fat Handle is lying ready for action tomorrow morning. Expecting a very comfortable shave as always with this wonderful simplistic shaver :thumbup1:

I used the NEW SC for about 6 months straight face and head shaves and then switched to the postwar Tech. I had leveled a bump on my head, I shave everyday and still want to shave my head, so I made the switch and never looked back.

Takes a little more work to get a BBS shave from the Tech. The shave lasts all day, the NEW SC BBS shave lasted about 36 hours.

I used the NEW SC for about 6 months straight face and head shaves and then switched to the postwar Tech. I had leveled a bump on my head, I shave everyday and still want to shave my head, so I made the switch and never looked back.

Takes a little more work to get a BBS shave from the Tech. The shave lasts all day, the NEW SC BBS shave lasted about 36 hours.

Thanks for the insights! It was my first try too, so there's probably room for improvement

Thanks for sharing. I am fully in line with you, my 58 on Fat Handle is lying ready for action tomorrow morning. Expecting a very comfortable shave as always with this wonderful simplistic shaver :thumbup1:

It is a simple, beauty for sure. Have my silver, pre-war, fat handle on this "gillette-label-on-head", gold, post-war tech head. This handle was in far better shape. I figured there was no reason not to mix and match

It is a simple, beauty for sure. Have my silver, pre-war, fat handle on this "gillette-label-on-head", gold, post-war tech head. This handle was in far better shape. I figured there was no reason not to mix and match

Exactly! - I actually didn't know when I got mine that it was also mix-and-match. But @rabidus had pointed me to a postwar head, and I knew I wanted the cool looking fat handle. So go figure, just my lucky day that such a specimen was offered on the bay - at a fair price even :a14: (see pic)

Enjoy!

IMG_0026.JPG

I used mine this morning on a UFO Titan Fine L handle. In fact, I just completed a week in which I used this combination every day. Sweet, sweet shaver. The titanium handle is a perfect match for this head.

Top Bottom