What's new

Polsilver 1 year on

A year ago when I was only a month into DE shaving I gave Polsilver blades a try and ended up walking around smothered in alovera cream for a week. I tried the same blade another few times and each shave yielded irritation and patches of razor burn. I tried a second blade thinking maybe it was a bad blade and the same happened again, so I called it quits and piffed the pack. One year on armed with more knowledge and proper experience I decided to try them again and well..... I think these blades should be renamed badgers arse! Don't get me wrong they are a fine blade they give great results but they're so rough that I have to pay more attention when using them than I do with feathers, which is a damn shame because I really like the shave they give and the fact that they're more durable and long lasting compared to feathers. So my final thought after shaving with proper care and technique are 4/5 a great blade but a bit too rough, definitely not for someone with sensitive skin.

Just to make things clear, are you talking about the Polsilver Stainless or the Polsilver Super Iridium ?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry Polsilver stainless are the ones I was referring to. I have tried the original iridiums and they are an absolute pleasure to shave with if the polsilver version manage to pull off the same performance then I know what I'll be stocking up on in future

Last edited:
I currently have packs of both the original Super Iridiums and the new Polsilver Super Iridiums. As many others here have confirmed, they appear to be exactly the same blades. I can't tell them apart. Both provide super smooth, super sharp shaves. If you liked the original Super Iridiums, you won't be disappointed with the new ones.

Nick

Technically the SI and the PSI are the same blade, PPI simply changed the packaging.

1.) Ok, let me make sure I got this right. Original Polsilver Super Iridium, called Super Iridium, are the same as the new Polsilver Super Iridium.
2.) The Polsilver stainless is a completely different blade.

almost right:
super iridium=polsilver super iridium.

and yes - polsilver are not polsilver super iridium. originally made by wizamet poland - polsilver were the standard blade - iridium were the better blade.

Top Bottom