What's new

Polo Black

I sure do. I am a fan of the smell goods, and I bought this when it first came out about a year-or-so ago. I love it. It is a very fresh,sporty scent with a hint of musk. Similar to Hugo Boss. I believe you can purchase it cheaper at discount retailers like Marshalls, tj maxx, and Gordmans (I know Gordmans has it if there is one in your state). I would pick some up. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't like it.

It smells fresh and there is supposed to be some mango in it but I cannot really detect it (maybe it is that unpleasanr sour note?). However, it is boring and unoriginal, your typical designer fragrance. Also, for me the longevity is appalling, barely one hour.

It smells fresh and there is supposed to be some mango in it but I cannot really detect it (maybe it is that unpleasanr sour note?). However, it is boring and unoriginal, your typical designer fragrance. Also, for me the longevity is appalling, barely one hour.

+1 ON LONGEVITY.....

But, Polo Double Black is just Awesome...more staying power, and more of that woodsy smell than the regular Black.

Either way, I do like both, but would opt for the Double Black since it stays with me longer.

Really nice scent that everyone seems to love. Like stated above it is a typical designer fragrance but that shouldnt matter as long as you like it.

I actually picked some Polo Black up tonight (wasn't even my idea, it was prompted by my wife!) I enjoy the scent and clearly so does she, so I'm happy. Perhaps it is not as complex as some of the fancier/pricier stuff out there, but to me, all that matters is whether one finds enjoyment in it or not...especially if it makes my wife say "Mmm!" :w00t:

I made it to the store to purchase a bottle and ended up liking the Double Black over the Black, i still didnt buy it as i some how got talked into a bottle of Diesel Fuel for Life (not bad stuff by any means, it just smells a little to young(even though im only 19 i like the more mature fragrances))

I have a bottle. It doesn't smell 'black' at all... I know that is a strange thing to say, but the scent is very clean and metallic, as apposed to dark. I also agree with the poor longetivety of it.

For what it's worth, it lasts awhile on me. If I spray some on at 7 in the morning, I can still smell it at 5 or 6 pm. So, as always, YMMV...

I have a bottle. It doesn't smell 'black' at all... I know that is a strange thing to say, but the scent is very clean and metallic, as apposed to dark. I also agree with the poor longetivety of it.

+1 There is nothing black to it. This scent could easily be baby blue, orange or a green apple kind of scent. It is a very fruity, almost unisex. It is fresh and there is something very unsophisticated about it. i.e. You would wear this scent with a polo shirt and jeans, not a dark suit. Double black is better. even the Polo explorer is better. Deppending on what you are looking for, there are better, truly black or fruity, frags. Just ask and test.

Top Bottom