What's new

Please talk me into or out of Above the Tie razor

I've been using my Atlas R1 for about two months now. It's the best purchase I have made and I am glad that I am somewhat new to DE razors. I didn't want to spend a lot of money trying different razors. ATT will probably be my last purchase. I almost regret buying a Muhle R41 a few weeks later as it made me feel like I wasted my money. The ATT works that good!

I had a truly fantastic shave this evening with my ATT Atlas R2. I honestly think that ATT are making the best razors available today.

My Kronos R1 arrived yesterday, and I used it for the first time this morning. I agree the blade positioning is a bit tricky at first, but nothing too tough. I used a Feather blade, Harris soap, and a super badger brush. The razor feels well balanced, although I will probably order the Colossus handle as I prefer a long grip. Three passes (W,A,&X) and I got a phenomenal shave. I've read opinions about the R head still being a bit aggressive, but I found it to be the perfect compromise between aggressive and mild, if compromise is even the correct phrase to use. Overall, one of my favorite razors.

Congrats, Thin Crust, on your Kronos R1. You can see that Stan from ATT has made many happy and loyal customers.

I was a bit surprised to see new activity on this year old (but really good) thread. If you haven't seen it already, you may wish to also check out this interesting, very recent thread:

Above The Tie - Seriously, how do you choose handle and baseplate?

Plus, be sure to visit this 5+ page thread, which I think has almost become a sort of ATT fan club::001_smile

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

Cheers!
Shawnsel

Last edited:
Top Bottom