What's new

Pizza!

Won't be long before it'll be warm enough to fire up the Ooni, but this will have to do until then. Detroit Style; King Arthur Bread Flour, 70% Hydration. 30 Minutes @ 450 F, probably could have shortened that a couple minutes. The wife didn't complain :)

IMG_2346.jpeg
IMG_2347.jpeg
IMG_2348.jpeg
IMG_2350.jpeg
IMG_2351.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Won't be long before it'll be warm enough to fire up the Ooni, but this will have to do until then.

I was cleaning off the table outside where I park the Wisco oven. Looks like it's time to get that thing out and try some new things to see how they work out...

The wife didn't complain :)

Good thing, that. :) Mrs. Hippie's been wondering when pizza comes back onto my radar, I can tell.

O.H.

Best Pizza is from Cities of New York City, or Chicago. Most cheap chain pizzas like Dominos, Hungury Howie's, Peter Piper, Dominos, etc. Cheap Pizza is like eating garbage IMHO.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I can get a little evangelical about Peter Reinhart's bread books, so here's a nice grain of salt to go with it. :)

That said, his book American Pie is a lovely pizza adventure through Europe (didn't see that coming, did you?) and America, with recipes. All of which is to say that New Haven ain't a big surprise.

O.H.

90 seconds is about right. The temp is definitively up there.

I am guessing you cook that no longer than 90 seconds. Black spots on the bottom and air pockets in the crust. 800 F at least. I have to make do with 750 F. In a pan at that. Nice and brown on the bottom and top. 3 minutes.

Top Bottom