What's new

Piper in the wild...

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I was driving to work this morning and while stopped at a red light looked at the vehicle sitting to my right. The driver was puffing a pipe with his window just cracked. As I rolled down my window the light turned green and he made a right turn as I was going straight...like strangers in the night....

it's weird how one thing can make you want to connect in some way with a perfect stranger. Pipe smoking might be the only thing we share in common but this virus and isolation has a way of making you want to connect. Strange.

Anyway, looking forward to another zoom meet up and hope I can make it.

I started raising awareness today by walking my pipe while I walked my dogs. Neighbor ran down and gave me a pipe cleaner and a thumbs up. Too bad he didn’t speak English!
It's Sooo nice to encounter spontaneously friendly strangers! My smoking is usually solitary (especially these days) but, over time, I've had a mix of positive and negative reactions to my pipe smoking. Mostly positive, but a few negative. My people pleasing days are mostly over -- just trying to stay even with basic civility!
Still, friendliness breeds friendliness -- too bad these covid masks obscure a smile.

It's Sooo nice to encounter spontaneously friendly strangers! My smoking is usually solitary (especially these days) but, over time, I've had a mix of positive and negative reactions to my pipe smoking. Mostly positive, but a few negative. My people pleasing days are mostly over -- just trying to stay even with basic civility!
Still, friendliness breeds friendliness -- too bad these covid masks obscure a smile.
I agree. So far I’ve had a lot of mix stares when I go for walks. All I know is if someone’s walking by, I usually hold the pipe until they’ve passed just to be courteous. Don’t want them wondering if I’m going to blow smoke at them!

Top Bottom