What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Tonight's smoke is courtesy of an old Grabow Starfire with some Fox Banker's in it

20240525_234037.jpg

After a good workout and shower, and a frustrating trip to the grocery (not only did Walmart not have some things I needed, they have taken to *locking up* things like deodorant) . . . after all this and breakfast too: some Early Morning Pipe in a bent apple from Mr. Jensen's long-gone French Quarter shop. It was one of his house pipes, with his name stamped on it. I understand they were made for him by GBD?

Anyway, quite nice; I'm getting to like the campfire aroma a lot.

This morning after a tough workout in the steamy pre-dawn heat: Amphora Full Aroma in the Dr. Grabow Commodore Canadian. A good pipe for this blend, though it's been good with everything I've tried in it. My packing yielded a good twenty minutes, then about ten more with some relights.

The Amphora is good stuff. I hadn't dried it out of the pouch but about ten minutes before I loaded the pipe and lit up, and it was hardly crispy. Yet, I got no hint of bite from the little moisture there, and only a hint of gurgle in the pipe itself.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Had an unplanned smoke today. Was supposed to fly out to PA for my brother’s celebration of life gathering. Due to weather and flight delays, I ended up returning home and will repeat the process tomorrow instead.

My smoke today was some of the Louisiana Red mixture in a small briar pipe.

Had an unplanned smoke today. Was supposed to fly out to PA for my brother’s celebration of life gathering. Due to weather and flight delays, I ended up returning home and will repeat the process tomorrow instead.

My smoke today was some of the Louisiana Red mixture in a small briar pipe.
Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that you and your family can find laughter and comfort in one another's presence. Finger's crossed for good travel weather. Godspeed.

Top Bottom