What's new

Pinaud Clubman Reserve Tequila Tease

As has been stated in other threads, Pinaud has just released three new Aftershaves, Tequila Tease, Sweet Rum, and Cognac Neat. As far as I can ascertain, these are at this moment only available from Appleton Barber Supply, although this may imminently change. My order arrived yesterday. I decided to try Tequila Tease first.

I paired it with Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic soap for obvious reasons. I did a one pass WTG because I'm recovering from a bit of razor burn. The shave was close. I applied the Aftershave.

It has the typical Clubman burn. I did not decant into glass, as I have previously tried this and could not tell a difference. The initial impression is definitely Tequila, but as with the other Clubman liquor series Aftershaves, this is certainly aided by the alcohol. As it dried, a powdery, floral note developed, supposedly geranium, which lingers for about 1/2 an hour. It is not unpleasant, and is unlike any other Clubman scent.

So it's a simple scent profile with short life span. Enjoyable, but not in the league of many other Aftershaves. I'll probably reserve it for use with the Stirling soap I used tonight, for no other reason than it is in keeping with the tequila theme. It's definitely worth what I paid for it, but not worth more. Tonight, I'll give Sweet Rum a try.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks. Look at the ingredients closely; is there any kind of moisturizer added?

Not necessarily glycerin, there might be castor oil or something like that. Thanks.

I think the last three released (Brandy Spice etc.) had something.

I definitely want all three, can't figure out why only one (not even large) shaving distributor has these!

AA

I love the new Clubman Reserve products. I love the bottles, the burn, the labels, the names, and the one I have tried "Whiskey Woods" is fabulous: soothing, smells great, feels great and is reasonably long lasting for an A/S. Also, I love how Clubman aftershaves dry down to close embrace scents after the first hour or so.

But, I am afraid that if I let myself think about them too much I will lose control and get them all!

Kind of like what happens with beautiful Asian women.

Tingting.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Just ordered the Sweet Rum along with a bottle of Gabels Bay Rum shampoo and body wash. Didn't know Gabels made a shampoo and body wash...even better that it's in Bay Rum!

Splashed on some Tequila Tease today and it paired well with the Eleven Organic Sweet Orange shave soap & Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle EDT.

Thanks for letting us know about these new Clubman aftershaves! It's awesome they have been working on new scents to add to the Classic lineup. Have sample shooters of Whiskey Woods and Brandy Spice and really like both of them. The Tequila one sounds DEEECENT and hopefully Maggards will also have these new ones in stock as shooter samples like the others as a full bottle will never get finished in this decade.

I bought a couple of the small (1.7oz I think?) bottles during the sale they had, I've only used the whiskey woods so far but I think it has a nicer face feel than original Clubman. I haven't looked to actually compare the ingredients but it definitely feels less drying to me.

Top Bottom