What's new

Peter Stokkebye bulk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I much prefer getting the unmolested 24 ounce box vs. loose bulk in the bag.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I guess Ill have to start catching up then :)

I guess if I average two bowls a day with a frequent day being partially a cigar day I might go through 4 lbs per year. I guess then having 20 lbs on hand all the time might be reasonable so that I can have quite a bit of 5 year old tobacco around . . . starting 5 years from now . . . but if I want it all to be five years old and I'll be smoking some each year I'll need more . . . then again in 5 years . . . given the different blends I'll probably still want to be buying new things as well . . . so less . . .

ack I'm doomed.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

I guess if I average two bowls a day with a frequent day being partially a cigar day I might go through 4 lbs per year. I guess then having 20 lbs on hand all the time might be reasonable so that I can have quite a bit of 5 year old tobacco around . . . starting 5 years from now . . . but if I want it all to be five years old and I'll be smoking some each year I'll need more . . . then again in 5 years . . . given the different blends I'll probably still want to be buying new things as well . . . so less . . .

ack I'm doomed.

Figure how long you think you will live, multiply by how much you consume a year, equals how much to stock pile. Even if you live a measly 20 more years you are looking at 80 pounds!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

ack I'm doomed.
Nice thing about flakes- I can get a pound into 3 to 3.5 half pint mason jars. Ribbon cuts take about 8 or 9- that is why, if I stockpile ribbon cut, it better be really good (HH Vintage Syrian). Note: if one ever can find those blue MacBaren ceramic tobacco jars (pipes and cigars sometimes include them when you buy a pound of MacBarens)- those hold about 80% of a 1 pound bag of ribbon.

Smoking Pipes has it on sale 20% off, better get some more.

Peter Stokkebye Pipe Tobacco

Thanks for the heads up! Got a few "unmolested" boxes en route :001_smile

Nice thing about flakes- I can get a pound into 3 to 3.5 half pint mason jars. Ribbon cuts take about 8 or 9- that is why, if I stockpile ribbon cut, it better be really good (HH Vintage Syrian). Note: if one ever can find those blue MacBaren ceramic tobacco jars (pipes and cigars sometimes include them when you buy a pound of MacBarens)- those hold about 80% of a 1 pound bag of ribbon.

Exactly. "Canning" is much easier with flakes. However, I've noticed the 'shag' cuts like GH&Co birdseye and kendal dark can compact down quite a bit and large amounts can be stored in small spaces similar to flakes...

Top Bottom