What's new

Personna Twin cartridges?

How are the Personna cartridges in general? They can fit the Trac II handle, but do they shave well?
I heard the blade dulls quicker than OEM, but people on this forum seem to like them for travelling.

The only cartridges people seem to endorse are either the Sensor or other 2-blade ones. I haven't seen much love for the Mach 3, Fusion, etc.

You might get better luck posting cartridge razor questions in the "Modern shaving systems" forum. I have a Trac II and I have plenty of these blades. They works pretty good for what you pay for, but in my opinion, they are not as sharp and don't last as long as the original Gillette brand Trac II plus carts.

As far as these things go, I'd say their pretty decent. Six shaves is probably about normal for me. As far as price goes their like six bucks for a pack of fifteen, so they can't really be beat that way.

Hi,

Oh. I saw the post here in the DE forum and thought about the Personna Double Edge system with dual blades on each side. It was called the Double Twin, I think. There was a head that slid onto a handle and looked a lot like a black SuperSpeed in shape. Except, of course, for two cutting edges on each side.

I used such Way Back and recall I got two weeks out of one head. I suppose the actual blades were the same as in their Single Edge version, so would expect to get a week out of one of those. About the same as I got from the Gillette Trac-II.

There was a time when I routinely received whatever the New Thing was in the mail. And, my dad used to get them as well. I think the Personna Double was probably one sent to him and tossed into a drawer and I found it and so tried it. I started shaving in 1976 and I think these predated that.

Not that it mattered. Every cart I ever tried was used until the free wore out and then was tossed into a drawer. I always tended to stick with the DE system. The razors changed, but the blades remained the same style. :)

Stan

What you have going is essentially a continuation of the question about Gillette vs knockoff brands in Modern Shaving Systems. Most store brands are made by Personna in the various countries of manufacture.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/482300-Trac-II-vs-the-Knockoff-brands
If you are particularly fond of the now-classic twinblade system, and unless you are down to your last dollars, you can always get a 10-pack of Gillette for $16 or higher, and a cheaper pack of Personna, and compare them. See if or how they work differently for you. The worst you'd lose is a few overpriced shaves.

I use a Trac II on travel quite a bit. I love the Personna carts for it. I have a large stockpile of them.

I prefer Wilkinson Sword, Schick or Gillette carts over Personna's. Personna may have the edge over Dorco TGII carts. I am a fan of the Mach3, so there is one :ohmy: ...

If the Personna cartridges are the same as the dorco ones then I have tried them. They give satisfactory results however I would save they are a great value when you factor in how cheap they are. Not as close a shave as a Mach 3 Turbo though.

If the Personna cartridges are the same as the dorco ones then I have tried them. They give satisfactory results however I would save they are a great value when you factor in how cheap they are. Not as close a shave as a Mach 3 Turbo though.
Personna are not the same as Dorco carts :001_rolle ...

The only cartridges people seem to endorse are either the Sensor or other 2-blade ones. I haven't seen much love for the Mach 3, Fusion, etc.

IMO the Mach 3 and later cartridges are all far superior to any 2-blade razor.

As far as the Trac II goes, I like the Indian Gillette carts without the lube strip. The Doco ones work okay though, and they're cheap enough at local retailers. I haven't tried the Personna carts.

I don't know if they show up around the States easily, but up here the Personna's I buy are from Israel, and come in a five pack with a pretty decent handle for a buck a pack. Their branded 'Precision', look for a red and yellow pack.

$20160222_135703.jpg

Top Bottom