What's new

Personna DE Razor

I got a couple of razors in today. One of them was a Personna razor.

I've seen a few of the Personna razors made by ASR that was a clone of the Star razor but this one is a bit different and I think less common.

This Personna DE has a nickel cap & base with an aluminum handle. The interesting part of the design is the angles on the cap and the little tabs next to the thread post.

The razor says "Personna Personna / British Made" on the bottom of the base plate.

It looks close to new and plan to put a bulldog handle on it and give it run.

Take a look it's an interesting razor.

$PersonnaDE1.jpg

$PersonnaDE2.jpg

$PersonnaDE3.jpg

Is it new or vintage? Where did you get it?

It's a vintage razor. I'm unsure of it's age but I would say it's mid-late 60's since it's very similar to the Gillette Tech from that period.

I think I got this one from France.

Do you guys think that the angles on the cap are the actual shaving angle of the razor or just for looks? I'm thinking it might be the angle since I measured it at 35 degrees.

Do you guys think that the angles on the cap are the actual shaving angle of the razor or just for looks? I'm thinking it might be the angle since I measured it at 35 degrees.

I think that's partially dependent on the fulcrum points. It may be less than 35 degrees if the blade bows up against the underside of the screw-cap, but you could eyeball it with a protractor.

I think that's partially dependent on the fulcrum points. It may be less than 35 degrees if the blade bows up against the underside of the screw-cap, but you could eyeball it with a protractor.

It totally skipped my mind to measure the blade angle hah the 35 degrees is in relation to the flat top. I could work out the blade angle but it's probably not that important. I'm still curious about the reason for the angles on the cap though.

I put a Merkur handle on the Personna razor tonight and gave it a go. I was very pleasantly surprised! I would say that this razor rivals any of my pre-war Tech razors in terms of aggression and smoothness. It's definitely going into my main rotation now!

It totally skipped my mind to measure the blade angle hah the 35 degrees is in relation to the flat top. I could work out the blade angle but it's probably not that important. I'm still curious about the reason for the angles on the cap though.

The shape of the cap looks like it probably helps maintain the appropriate blade angle. I wonder if this razor came out of Personna's old Glasgow plant.

Top Bottom