What's new

Personna blades testing

A few more shaves:
They are ok. Not as sharp as many other blades like nacets or feathers, or Personna med prep or Reds. I have coarse beard hairs so thats a no go. But if I were to shave dialy it might be fine.

They were a lot better on my dome shaves. Still didn't last BBS as long as normal with my feather blades with the only razor I use on my head (rex ambassador).

Overall: a middle of the road blade and doesn't add anything special to my den for my use.

Fayiz D.
You first have to be able to spell daily before you can shave dialy. 😂😂😂😂

A few more shaves:
They are ok. Not as sharp as many other blades like nacets or feathers, or Personna med prep or Reds. I have coarse beard hairs so thats a no go. But if I were to shave dialy it might be fine.

They were a lot better on my dome shaves. Still didn't last BBS as long as normal with my feather blades with the only razor I use on my head (rex ambassador).

Overall: a middle of the road blade and doesn't add anything special to my den for my use.

Fayiz D.
So USA Accutec made Personna are better?

Another head shave with it. This time a second use blade. It was actually a great shave. Very smooth on 3 days growth. Bbs and no tugging ATG at all. These don't seem super consistent. The other blades I used for the second time weren't as good as this one.

Fayiz D.

The packaging and description sounds like what we used to call the Personna "barber blades". These were sold to barbers and hairstylists for one-time use in shavettes and hair shapers. They were not a good choice for DE shaving at home.

The Accutec blades made in Verona, VA are the ones nicknamed either "Lab Blues" or "Med Preps'. Those are nice blades a lot of people really like for DE shaving at home.

Personna branding confuses people to no end.

New guy here.

I'm relatively new to DE shaving and after trying different blades in different razors I found that the USA Personna blue label blades in the 5 pack sold at Sally Beauty work real well for me. I purchased a box of the $9.99 Personna's on Amazon to take advantage of the lower price. I was asleep at the keyboard and didn't really see that these are made in Germany, not the USA. Then, I noticed that the box didn't say "Comfort Coated." I thought, oh no, what did I get myself into. I was glad to see that the individual envelopes that the blades come in do say Comfort Coated.

I dropped one in my Parker Variant razor yesterday and found that they gave me the usual, uneventful, comfortable, close shave just like the USA variety. I usually set the Variant to 1.5 in the curves, and up to 3 in the straightaways. So, I'm still happy as a bivalve mollusk with the new German blades.

IMG_3522.jpg

Has anyone done the "under the digital microscope" comparison of these German Personna blades (Edgewell Blue Box) to the following Personna blades?:
1) Personna Israeli Reds in the red box (real Israeli reds, and not counterfeit)
2) Personna Acutec USA blades (both comfort coated blues and the Med Preps which are made on the same machines)

I wonder if there is a significant visual difference between the Israeli Reds and these new German Personnas, under the microscope.
I also wonder if there is a significant visual difference between the German Personnas and the Acutec USA Personnas, under the microscope.

I suspect that Edgewell is attempting to understand whether the German plant is producing a similar quality blade as the Israeli plant, and if wet shavers can tell the difference. Also, if these German blades are "good enough" with wet shavers, they may start promoting them with an advertising campaign in other countries. Hence, the video submissions they are obtaining from us.

With the Russia PPI plant shut down, I suspect that manufacturers in other countries see an opportunity to cash in with increased production to fill the void globally. Edgewell may be in that process, but need quantitative metrics from users to bolster their claims in future advertising.

Top Bottom