What's new

PERFECTA Rasoir

I got this old lather catcher, which used an oversized wedge blade.
My first attempt to use it with a GEM blade was yielded a very aggressive shave.

proxy.php

As you can see, the blade angle was all wrong, and the blade gap - yikes!
This is the original wedge blade, and it looks a lot more reasonable:
proxy.php

After thinking about it, I realized I can mimic a wedge-like angle if I could just wedge something to prop it against the clamps. I used a spine from another GEM blade:
proxy.php

proxy.php

The result was a surprisingly smooth and efficient razor. I was careful because the previous attempt ended with a small cut, but none of that today. Also, only one pass plus touch ups was needed for a DFS++ shave. 10 hours later, and no five o'clock shadow in sight.

proxy.php

This razor is for sure going to be in rotation when it is a GEM blade week.
proxy.php

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-28_16-59-48.png
    upload_2018-3-28_16-59-48.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
I had two prefecta shaves the last two days.
Started a little on the aggressive side for me, but then I realized I can tweak the aggressiveness.

When the blade touches the stops, it is still rather aggressive.

proxy.php

On the other hand, everything is held with friction against the clamps, so I just moved the blade backwards 2-3mm, it was still held secured in place.

proxy.php

I found a sweet spot where it became a very mild razor with no bite at all, just the way I like it. Even with a brand new blade, and those GEM blades are very sharp when new, it was a safe worry-free sale. A little difficult to maneuver under the smeller, but doable and it does not have to be perfect, Perfacta is plenty good for me.

proxy.php

Top Bottom